"I'm actually at a point where I can't leave you......

We have been talking for the past few weeks and by talking means texting and nothing else. So far, I can't really tell whats his intention but he does come up with some pickup lines and a bit of flirting here and there too. But I don't have any feelings for him so sometimes I'm purposely ranting on him and talk about something boring. So yesterday I told him that if I'm starting to bore or annoy him with texts, he could just ignore and walk away. So this is what he replied, "I'm actually at a point where I can't leave you just like that... if you know what i mean. Anyways, we will figure it out together." So i've been thinking but I just can't figure out what his reply means. Help :(

Edited by elbmy

Stop messing about with text and meet the guy. Find out once and for all if there's any attraction between you.

In the early stages of a relationship, where you're not really emotionally connected, if you notice something you don't like then it can be a deal breaker. The effort and stress of trying to fix the problem is greater than simply giving up and finding someone more suitable.

But as the relationship progresses, the same issue can be handled differently. It is worth discussing and overcoming issues rather than bailing on the whole relationship.

He is telling you that he is into the latter stage of the relationship, where he'd rather talk over an issue than bail.

• Like 1
strawberryshortstack
We have been talking for the past few weeks and by talking means texting and nothing else. So far, I can't really tell whats his intention but he does come up with some pickup lines and a bit of flirting here and there too. But I don't have any feelings for him so sometimes I'm purposely ranting on him and talk about something boring. So yesterday I told him that if I'm starting to bore or annoy him with texts, he could just ignore and walk away. So this is what he replied, "I'm actually at a point where I can't leave you just like that... if you know what i mean. Anyways, we will figure it out together." So i've been thinking but I just can't figure out what his reply means. Help :(

He means that he's getting attached (to someone he hasn't even met - and this isn't a good thing - it's time to meet)

Can he elaborate?

I learned with recent dude that you have to literally question some guys, cuz they'll smile in your face then, you come to find out they're telling the world how they can't stand you and wish you'd crawl under rock.

CaliforniaGirl

Honestly, such melodramatic stuff would weird me out if I hadn't even met the guy yet. He can't "leave" you? He's not with you!

People who over-attach early can be bad news, IMO. I don't know...this seems really, really weird to me. I'd be backing off, personally.