How would you react to drunk email on New Years Eve?

this is a general question ...

if someone you have been talking to from OLD that you have not met but you spoke for a while and were almost like friends in a way and you knew they did not have a drinking problem but yet they sent you a drunk email on New Years eve after midnight to wish you a happy new year would you be turned off?

or would you just figure it is New Years eve and they are having fun?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.;)

Turned off as in, "Eww he's being so needy and desperate!". Uh, no. It's just an email and a standard holiday greeting.

On the other hand, it wouldn't excite me either, nor mean much, if that's what you're hoping for. :|

• Like 3
  • Author

thanks popsicle...no...believe it or not..i am not thinking about someone doing it to me but me doing it to people.:o

I have done that kind of thing in the past and wonder if people get turned off by that kind of behavior or realize it is new years and there is an excuse??

I am probably going to get drunk tonight but want to wish people I know a happy new year after midnight via email. If I do it drunk I might say silly things but I wont get too crazy..lol..I hope people will understand or maybe i should just wait until the next day when I am sober..:laugh:

okay, thanks:D

I am probably going to get drunk tonight but want to wish people I know a happy new year after midnight via email. If I do it drunk I might say silly things but I wont get too crazy..lol..I hope people will understand or maybe i should just wait until the next day when I am sober..:laugh:

okay, thanks:D

Why don't you write the email before hitting the booze, save it as a draft and press 'send' after midnight?

That way you get to wish them a happy new year without the possibilities of drunken rambles and feeling embarrassed about that in the morning.

• Like 1
thanks popsicle...no...believe it or not..i am not thinking about someone doing it to me but me doing it to people.:o

I know that. ;)

You are making too much of a big deal out of this.

• Like 1

Most people are not shocked by a tipsy Happy New Year greeting, but since you are concerned about it ... just don't do it. Easy!

• Like 1

Hey good way to weed out the people that can't handle you.

If it was me, I wouldn't be annoyed. If I liked the person I'd think it was cute they were having a good time and thought of me.

• Like 1
  • Author

thanks everyone!

I am still recovering a bitll:laugh:

aileD..I agree with what you said!! if someone is that much of a prude this is the best way to find out..and get them out of my life for good!!:D

so I went ahead and sent a few drunk holiday greetings to people and just put a big one on FB too. it made me laugh to send them anyway so it was kind of fun:) and like Popsicle said..you cant really say a good happy new year without being at least a little buzzed! :laugh:

okay, thanks everyone and happy new year to all! I love this forum!! :laugh::D

I'd think/do nothing about it.

I've gotten sober and/or drunk texts, e-mails, calls - from guys that I was no longer seeing.

I hit "clear" or "delete" without even pondering if/what he wants.

When I'm done with a guy - I'm done.

• Like 1
  • Author

most people seemed to have just laughed off my drunken message but one person in particular that actually tried to call me yesterday and that I kind of have an interest in went silent on me. I did not hear back from him today at all to at least thank me for the ecard that I sent along with the message.

I am thinking he may not have been very impressed in that case.

Oh well..if thats the case then I guess him and I would not have been a very good match. I need someone who understands my sense of humor and can take a joke:o

okay..thanks again everyone:)

CaliforniaGirl

What did you say in the email?

If it was literally just "happy new year" I wouldn't even think twice as the recipient. It could even be an accident, meant for someone else, who knows?

For additional info from the other thread. Quoting OP here:

well, I may have sealed my fate with this man now. Yesterday, as some on here already know, I sent out some drunken New Years greeting via email to people. I guess I was just a bit bored after drinking and wanted to have some fun.

Anyway, It just so happens that this man tried to call me yesterday to talk and wish me a happy new years but I was out getting drunk so after midnight I decided to send him a New Years greeting via email and I very very JOKINGLY made remarks to him about having drunken and sloppy sex..but like i said, it was all in fun. :bunny:

However, I did not hear back from him today at all. No thankyou for the little ecard that was sent with the message or anything. Just silence!

I sent a similar greeting to another man that I kind of have an interest in too and he got back to me and totally laughed it off so I was hoping that this man would react in a similar way but he has not.

I am guessing he must not have been very impressed with my message to him in that case or maybe he just really does not like me afterall and finally has an excuse to not bother with me anymore??

I know if someone sent me a message like that I would think it was really funny..especially if I liked them ...so maybe the problem is that he really does not like me that much anyway.

Just wondering what others on here think of this?? Does it sound like he was turned off by what I did since I did not hear back from him??

CaliforniaGirl
For additional info from the other thread. Quoting OP here:

Oh, gosh, ouch.

OP, he was barely on your radar anyway, right? So move on and next time try to think before you drink and email/text. Don't beat yourself up, but do think. I find sometimes people use being drunk as an excuse for bad behavior that was an attempt at attention. That still isn't a glowing endorsement ("Sorry, but I was REALLY drunk!") so yeah....just live, learn and move on. :)

• Like 1