Your partner gets lymes disease, making it so you no longer can have sex.

Would you still stay with them or would you leave?

I would feel really bad, but I feel like I would probably leave. I feel bad for saying that, but that's how I feel...

I would feel really bad, but I feel like I would probably leave. I feel bad for saying that, but that's how I feel...

Someone here is already dealing with that.

I'm sure someone can link you. I infidelity forum.

My love for my spouse is not tied to his dick so I wouldn't leave him just because he couldn't physically have sex

• Author
Someone here is already dealing with that.

I'm sure someone can link you. I infidelity forum.

My love for my spouse is not tied to his dick so I wouldn't leave him just because he couldn't physically have sex

Wouldn't you still want your sexual needs to be met, though? I feel as though someone in that situation would eventually be tempted to cheat since they aren't getting those needs met.

Some people just don't have a specific libido, if any at all.

Even if they did, there's other ways to please your partner without actually having to have intercourse. If you seek more then by all means feel obligated to leave a relationship where your desires are not able to be met, but personally I wouldn't see it as a problem.

• Like 1

Uh, you know that Lyme disease is treatable in most cases, right? :confused: Also, if you did get severe, untreatable Lyme disease, sex would be the least of your concerns.

Are you perhaps thinking of a different disease?

• Like 5

My wife had Lyme disease for 8 years. It had no effect on our awesome sex life. The disease may affect some people differently, though, and make sex painful.

• Like 1
  • Author
My wife had Lyme disease for 8 years. It had no effect on our awesome sex life. The disease may affect some people differently, though, and make sex painful.

How did you not catch what she had?

I was diagnosed at an early stage so thankfully do not have it anymore. So it depends on when the partner was diagnosed. Talk to your partner. As always, use safe sex.

How did you not catch what she had?

It's not human-human transmissible, according the the CDC. There are no verified cases of such.

• Author
It's not human-human transmissible, according the the CDC. There are no verified cases of such.

That's definitely not what I was told. Weird.

That's definitely not what I was told. Weird.

Did you think it was sexually transmitted? Or was there some other reason you can't have sex w it?

Uh, there are many ways to have "sex" (oral, manual) that don't necessarily involve penetration itself.

Have you all exhausted all medical options? Have you guys tried seeing a sex therapist?

I think it is one of those diseases that the more research is done the more we find out about it. We do not seem to have got to the bottom of it yet.

BUT it is extra-ordinarily common, more common than would be expected if it is purely tick borne, so they are looking around for other answers. .

One of those answers postulated is that it is sexually transmitted.

No-one really knows yet, we will just have to keep watching this space.

The reason the op of the other thread was not having sex was the fact his wife was ill, ie pretty seriously ill and is still not well. Chronic Lyme disease is an observed entity and like a lot of other things in Lyme disease the long term problems are not readily explained either, though immune overactivity is postulated..

• Author
Did you think it was sexually transmitted? Or was there some other reason you can't have sex w it?

I was told that you can't even exchange fluids if one had Lymes. This is coming from a girl who had it too. Her lymes never went away.

• Author
Uh, there are many ways to have "sex" (oral, manual) that don't necessarily involve penetration itself.

Have you all exhausted all medical options? Have you guys tried seeing a sex therapist?

....this isn't a situation I'm going thru I was just asking hypothetically. It could happen, y'know?

• Author
I think it is one of those diseases that the more research is done the more we find out about it. We do not seem to have got to the bottom of it yet.

BUT it is extra-ordinarily common, more common than would be expected if it is purely tick borne, so they are looking around for other answers. .

One of those answers postulated is that it is sexually transmitted.

No-one really knows yet, we will just have to keep watching this space.

The reason the op of the other thread was not having sex was the fact his wife was ill, ie pretty seriously ill and is still not well. Chronic Lyme disease is an observed entity and like a lot of other things in Lyme disease the long term problems are not readily explained either, though immune overactivity is postulated..

I see. Thank you for your input. Wasn't so hard was it? ;D

Would you leave if your partner had an accident? Had cancer?

As long as you know that someday someone could leave you for the same reasons, accept that's how they feel too.

Or you could just answer my question? :p this is a place to socialize and ask questions after all.

If a poster starts a topic sounding like they know what they are talking about, a bit of basic knowledge is expected.

• Like 2

No one is free from any health issue. It depends on how committed you are and for are you willing to go.

If you met with an accident and broke a leg and your partner dumped you , would you be okay with it ?

• Author
No one is free from any health issue. It depends on how committed you are and for are you willing to go.

If you met with an accident and broke a leg and your partner dumped you , would you be okay with it ?

If I just broke my leg? I would be livid. If I got a disease that hurt our sex life? I would be super hurt and angry, but I wouldn't blame them...