Am I doomed if I stay w/him?

Ilovelifeforwhatcome

Ilovelifeforwhatcome

My bf and I are long distance, but this is a general relationship question. I have been dating him almost 5 months. He is younger then me, which doesn't bother either of us. The thing that bothers me is his life goals. I finished college, work a professional job and plan on going back to get a higher education. College is not for everyone, I understand that. My bf never went to college and he has a general idea of what he may want to do, but I can tell he is in a rut. He always mentioning trade school, but idk when he plans to go. I am the most afraid of him just wasting his life away. I dated another guy who had no ambition whatsoever and that bothered me. Am I doomed if I stay w/my bf?

I wouldn't say you're necessarily 'doomed', some people just have a tendency to take longer (sometimes much longer) to figure out their aspirations and what they would like to achieve.

Let's face it, we're all a work in progress or have been a work in progress. I think possibly giving him some guidance may just do the trick. If not, and this is a continuous problem then I don't think it's worth you investing your time in, but unless that time comes just work with him in the meantime. Help him figure out his own mind and what he would like to do for future reference.

Best of luck.

My bf and I are long distance, but this is a general relationship question. I have been dating him almost 5 months. He is younger then me, which doesn't bother either of us. The thing that bothers me is his life goals. I finished college, work a professional job and plan on going back to get a higher education. College is not for everyone, I understand that. My bf never went to college and he has a general idea of what he may want to do, but I can tell he is in a rut. He always mentioning trade school, but idk when he plans to go. I am the most afraid of him just wasting his life away. I dated another guy who had no ambition whatsoever and that bothered me. Am I doomed if I stay w/my bf?

You obviously are not in love with him, or you wouldn't have such doubt about a future together. If you feel the need to change someone to be happy with that person, then you're not with someone right for you.