Is he mad at me or what?

One guy who is my classmate became very cold toward me, usually doesn't care what I'm saying, doesn't seem to want to help me but always wants to help others, he is very confident around others but not me, around me he is very quiet and distant, is acting like he would be invisible, doesn't talk to me at all, just looks down at his phone all the time. Earlier we used to misunderstand each other because we are polar opposites, we always have different opinions, so we argued few times but nothing serious. He used to be honest and sincere with me, wanted to be friends with me but when we started misunderstanding each other, realizing that we have almost nothing in common it got very hard to communicate with each other, so he started pulling away. Now his behavior like this is really pissing me off.

He might be mad with you if during one of your arguments you said something which really offended him.

But even if you didn't offend him, the fact that you are polar opposites with a history of arguments, misunderstandings and apparently a complete inability to communicate would simply make him not interested in being your friend. Why on earth do you think that he'd WANT to be friends if this is the background to your association?

Out of curiosity, why do YOU want to be friends with a guy who you can't get on with?

• Author
He might be mad with you if during one of your arguments you said something which really offended him.

But even if you didn't offend him, the fact that you are polar opposites with a history of arguments, misunderstandings and apparently a complete inability to communicate would simply make him not interested in being your friend. Why on earth do you think that he'd WANT to be friends if this is the background to your association?

Out of curiosity, why do YOU want to be friends with a guy who you can't get on with?

I've never offended him or been rude to him. I don't want to be friends with him, he's my classmate so we have a lot of common projects or tasks, so we often have to do them together and he doesn't even want to give his time and energy to help me. He doesn't even care if I don't understand something and doesnt want to respond me when I ask him something.