Thoughts on girlfriend Liking picture on Facebook of guy she once had sex with?

What are your thoughts of your boyfriend/girlfriend/significant-other Liking a picture on social media of a person they had sex with some time before entering a relationship with you? Is that crossing the line? Does that show their lack of interest in YOU?

• Like 1

Not necessarily, I think it depends. What became of their relationship after they had sex? Did they become friends? Obviously they're friendly if they're connected on Facebook. Unless they're also having sex now, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

It probably has nothing to do with you.

• Like 2

My husband has liked pictures of his ex girlfriend from a million years ago. Likewise, I like and comment on pictures and comments posted by my ex from long ago too. I don't see any issue with it.

Though neither my husband or I doubt our interest in each other. As you're suggesting that this could be an issue, perhaps you actually have doubts about her interest?

• Like 2

Context matters. Like, if it's just a picture of him, then it's probably no big deal. But if it's some shirtless selfie or something of that ilk? I'd probably feel a bit uncomfortable at the very least.

• Like 1

Oh, here goes again, Fakebook, the root of all evil...destroying relationships in its wake.

Anywho, if they "Liked" this picture before dating you, then I don't get what the issue is.

But if they're doing while in a RL with you? Then depends. Is that ex a Fakebook friend of you BOTH? What kind of pic was it? I mean it's one thing if she's like climbing a mountain top...another if she's posing in a dress or something.

Why do people add people that aren't their spouse to Fakebook? Too much headache managing current and past people who you've dated.

• Like 3
Oh, here goes again, Fakebook, the root of all evil...destroying relationships in its wake.

my question is why I never see this guy like anything in facebook? is there a function in facebook that you can hide what you like? I believe I am on his regular friends list.

• Like 1
What are your thoughts of your boyfriend/girlfriend/significant-other Liking a picture on social media of a person they had sex with some time before entering a relationship with you? Is that crossing the line? Does that show their lack of interest in YOU?

One pic or does she make a habit of this?

One pic probably no big deal.

BUT you have to consider, why now?

Maybe you are not giving her enough attention and her mind is wandering off to happier times with the ex???

How is your relationship in general?

• Like 1

Facebook doesn't reflect reality.

People have 'friends' that aren't friends, and they 'like' things they have no feelings about.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Take care.

• Like 2
Facebook doesn't reflect reality.

People have 'friends' that aren't friends, and they 'like' things they have no feelings about.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Take care.

I agree in part cuz yea, when was the last time all those people on Fakebook who "like" this/that on your profile last picked up a phone call to call you, come over and "like" you in person, etc? And yes, I often "like" for "likes'" sake. I click, click, click...

But, when it comes to people of the opposite sex, I pay attention to my "likes". Using as an example - one of my relatives..if her husband posts a pic of himself doing a selfie, I will not "like" it. Now, if he's posing with the kids ok, maybe I'll "like" it. Now, if my relative and her husband are in a pic - with or w/o the kids, I'll "definitely "like" it.

I don't know, when it comes to members of the opposite sex and Fakebook, that's a whole different ballgame. Some guys use Fakebook to meet, hit up, date, etc. women.

• Like 3

snip

I don't know, when it comes to members of the opposite sex and Fakebook, that's a whole different ballgame. Some guys use Fakebook to meet, hit up, date, etc. women.

Yeah, there's truth in what you say, and I think the way you go about it makes a lot of sense.

I am aware how people can become paranoid about social medias and ex (es).

I wouldn't take it too personal, it's not a 'message' that your SO is subliminally sending you. It's possible they stay in touch, maybe not as friends, just as mere contacts.

There are many pros to using FB, but also many cons. And I think there are more cons when you're in a relationship and you have some insecurities.

It's also like a popularity contest......some people generate tons of likes whatever they post. when I posted something and only generated a handful of likes, that really depressed me...and gave me lots of reflections.

It's Facebook. It's built to generate likes. How could you possibly care?

Depending on the picture, if it's a family picture, a trip picture, a graduation/goal picture it's fine... If that person is showing some skin and being seductive in the picture then it's not fine.

• Like 1
One pic or does she make a habit of this?

One pic probably no big deal.

BUT you have to consider, why now?

Maybe you are not giving her enough attention and her mind is wandering off to happier times with the ex???

How is your relationship in general?

Not enough information here. Elaine asks questions that would shed more light.

The infidelity forum here is littered with messes that started with rekindling old flames on social media. So what are the answers

(1) out of the clear blue sky?

(2) what does he respond?

(3) how long ago were the in sexual relationship?

(4) where is this guy located geographically?

(5) how many other men that you do not know is she responding to?

The problem you have is you have a "grey" area situation. it could be NOTHING, or it could be something that needs to be nipped in the bud. And unfortunately you have only three options

(1) put your head in the sand and hope

(2) bring it up to her, in which case you then will either get righteous indignation or berated for thinking anything wrong, which by the way is the most common form of response when there is something going on. it's called "gaslighting". Making you think you are crazy.

(3) start to be a little snoop to see if it continues to escalate. if this has started out of the clear blue sky and then starts to lead to more than just "likes", the slippery slope has then started.

read these forums and see how many folks got whacked after they have been told

"you're crazy. i would never do anything to hurt you or cheat".

Your call which option to take. The advice will be mixed

It's also like a popularity contest......some people generate tons of likes whatever they post. when I posted something and only generated a handful of likes, that really depressed me...and gave me lots of reflections.

I think generation of 'likes' is also related to how active a person is on FB.

If they are a really active user who engages in other people's updates, they are more likely to get noticed in return. Likewise, if they rarely comment or like and keep a really low profile, they aren't so likely to be noticed when they do make a post.

It's kind of like a Karma thing (without the negative undertones)

I think generation of 'likes' is also related to how active a person is on FB.

If they are a really active user who engages in other people's updates, they are more likely to get noticed in return. Likewise, if they rarely comment or like and keep a really low profile, they aren't so likely to be noticed when they do make a post.

It's kind of like a Karma thing (without the negative undertones)

That's the thing...this person CONSTANTLY on facebook...and Constantly adding opposite sex...but haven't seen him likes anything...

• Author

We got together in september. the last time they had sex (that i know of) was in july. so it wasn't that long ago. which is what makes me worry..

• Author
Depending on the picture, if it's a family picture, a trip picture, a graduation/goal picture it's fine... If that person is showing some skin and being seductive in the picture then it's not fine.

he's a mechanic and its a picture of him working in his garage. so i guess you could say its a "masculine" picture which has me guessing..

• Author
That's the thing...this person CONSTANTLY on facebook...and Constantly adding opposite sex...but haven't seen him likes anything...

i actually have seen my girlfriend adding seemingly random SINGLE guys on facebook and instagram which has me fearful.. is she on tinder?...

he's a mechanic and its a picture of him working in his garage. so i guess you could say its a "masculine" picture which has me guessing..

Is he naked and holding a tool in front of his, ahem, tool? Or perhaps he's got his coveralls half off and is looking all smouldering and sexy?

Or is it just a regular picture someone took of him while he was doing his job?

I suspect it's the latter. If so, you're reading too much into this 'masculine' photo of his.

• Author
Is he naked and holding a tool in front of his, ahem, tool? Or perhaps he's got his coveralls half off and is looking all smouldering and sexy?

Or is it just a regular picture someone took of him while he was doing his job?

I suspect it's the latter. If so, you're reading too much into this 'masculine' photo of his.

its a selfie he took while working. it just gets to me knowing how recent it was that they last had sex (that i know of) which was during the summer. (we got together in september)