My unromantic husband

I'm so glad I'm able to self soothe - because my hubby isn't any good in that area.

He was taking photos of me today in some of the clothes I've made so that I could update my blog. I was looking at some of the photos and was feeling a bit ho-hum. He asked if he needed to adjust angles, lighting etc. I said "no, I just wish I was prettier".

His response? Well I can't help you with that. I guess you could put more makeup on if you want.

Gotta love a guy who calls it as he sees it :p

• Like 7
  • Author
But he loves you....so there is that

Yes indeed. It's why I'm fine without the romance.

• Like 2

His response? Well I can't help you with that. I guess you could put more makeup on if you want.

To me he's saying, well I can't help you with how you feel about yourself. Not really commenting on how you look. We all wish we were prettier, but what does that really mean? It means we wish we liked ourselves more and we imagine that looking different would make the difference to us.

I think his response is quite sweet actually. ;)

• Like 6
To me he's saying, well I can't help you with how you feel about yourself. Not really commenting on how you look. We all wish we were prettier, but what does that really mean? It means we wish we liked ourselves more and we imagine that looking different would make the difference to us.

I think his response is quite sweet actually. ;)

Yeah, this was how I perceived it too.

• Like 2
  • Author
Yeah, this was how I perceived it too.

Yes, I also perceived it that way. He's a man of practicalities.

• Like 2
  • Author
Not to mention posing and good lighting works wonders.

:)

Yep, done in the post processing. Feeling better now that I've tweaked the lighting in Photoshop.

About to head out with the camera and my Steampunk outfit to a Victorian building for the next lot of photos.

• Like 4

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

In the same way that you want more romance and probably essentially miss your husband "dating" you, he most likely would have loved if the dress picture session turned into a stripping picture taking sex session.

In the same way you would never think of doing that, he never really thinks of romancing you.

It's best to communicate those things, it's not that he doesn't want to do it, he just doesn't realize you are missing it.

It took a major blow up in my own marriage to realize that I hadn't been meeting my wife's needs in those ways. Our marriage is moving along much better now that I now what she was missing and she knows what I want.

Just sayin.

• Like 4

I thought his comment was sweet. To me, he is saying he can't help you (be prettier) because you just can't get any prettier to him. And he thought that maybe putting some makeup would help you feel prettier, but to him, you're already gorgeous. :)

• Like 3

On the upside, you got a good discount on the photography.

I find it sweet too.

He's so without guile, that he didn't censor himself.

• Like 3

snip

Correction:

Women are from Venus, men are from Hooters.

• Like 2
I'm so glad I'm able to self soothe - because my hubby isn't any good in that area.

He was taking photos of me today in some of the clothes I've made so that I could update my blog. I was looking at some of the photos and was feeling a bit ho-hum. He asked if he needed to adjust angles, lighting etc. I said "no, I just wish I was prettier".

Gotta love a guy who calls it as he sees it :p

Oh LOL.

:lmao:

Men are clueless often times, seriously, unless you are like, in your early 20s and stunning than men will not fall head over heels and go gaga over your looks like in the movies. Your hubbies comment is like 99% of men would be.

Most men are not totally taken by their partners looks and they will absolutely not say anything along the lines of " wow dear well, of course, you dio not need more make up, you are already gorgeous!"

Men are justr clueless. Trust me. My mum is one of the lucky few women who has a hubby who was actually super attracted and enamoured by her looks - and even he does not even notice when my mum gets a hair cut (as in.. go from long to very short!).

Heck, my bf only "notices" when my boobs are showing or I am in a "hot" dress! He doesn't care or notice when my lashes are done, my eyebrows are groomed, or if I ay around smelling all day. He doesn't notice a difference unless boobs. Pretty much lol.

• Like 2
  • Author

In the same way that you want more romance and probably essentially miss your husband "dating" you, he most likely would have loved if the dress picture session turned into a stripping picture taking sex session.

In the same way you would never think of doing that, he never really thinks of romancing you.

It's best to communicate those things, it's not that he doesn't want to do it, he just doesn't realize you are missing it.

It took a major blow up in my own marriage to realize that I hadn't been meeting my wife's needs in those ways. Our marriage is moving along much better now that I now what she was missing and she knows what I want.

Just sayin.

Such sweet comments. Although I think my post may have been unwittingly misleading.

I'm actually fine with the way things are - this was just me having a chuckle at how honest he is. I wouldn't change him for the world :)

• Like 3
  • Author
On the upside, you got a good discount on the photography.

I find it sweet too.

He's so without guile, that he didn't censor himself.

Yes, he is very much without guile. It's why I am so bemused when some men talk about how women don't want good guys.

• Like 3
Yes, he is very much without guile. It's why I am so bemused when *some men talk about how women don't want good guys.

*Its been said so many times that some men take it to be a fact.

I consider it to be a myth.

• Like 1

Isn't it much better to have a guiless husband rather than one who is constantly looking for some action on the side. Your hubby appreciates you as you are, does'nt notice the wrinkles around your eyes, sees you without makeup and does'nt bat an eyelid and loves the complete package flaws and all never expecting you to turn into a beauty queen at the snap of his fingers. That is what I call devotion.

I guess both of you are lucky to have each other since he probably does not have a roving eye and you understand and appreciate him for what he is. Could have been worse! Warm wishes.

• Like 1