relationship preferences

i was recently talking to my friend and I wondered what it was that people really look for in a relationship, like what kind of qualities do you look for in a potential partner? and when you have a partner does he/she really possess those qualities??

• Like 1

Every person will answer that Q differently. The secret is to find somebody who wants the same things in a relation that you do. What we want doesn't matter.

• Like 2

I tend to look for people who approach relationships, and interactions, in an authentic manner.

How about you, OP? What do you find to be positive and healthy for you in relationships?

Welcome to LS :)

• Like 1
Larryville

Smart

Mature

Compatible personality

Good heart, compassionate human loves unconditionally, generous & respects those worthy.

Attractive, but I want to enjoy looking at you AND listening to you goes to why smart is critical for me.

Chemistry - inexpressible, unconscious, attraction

We don’t have to be together, we can exist when not together and that is not a nerve racking thing.

Someone who likes what SHE sees when she looks in the mirror. Insecurity is a big turnoff for me.

Nothing else matters, I mean in terms of what we do where we go what we talk about… being with someone where the connection is such that you don’t have to SAY or DO anything when around or near each other all is cool.

My Christmas list for Santa…

• Like 1

An open mind and an open heart.

Curiosity and an enjoyment of life.

A kind attitude towards people in general.

Those are my baseline requirements.

• Like 2
seekingluck

Let's see:

Smart

Has a life plan and path to get there

Decisive when it counts

Intellectually curious

Great smile

Mental and physical attraction

Similar approach to relationships

Compatible life goals

• Like 1
An open mind and an open heart.

Curiosity and an enjoyment of life.

A kind attitude towards people in general.

Those are my baseline requirements.

I would add self confidence, thoughtfulness, intelligence (not brainiac smart but not a dumbbell either), natural sex appeal and sassy!

The older I get the longer my list becomes :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It used to be different answers over the years from me, that's for sure.

Now with the experiences I have, I'd say I look for emotional robustness and some traces of achievements - ie evidence of being able cope with setbacks well because achievements inevitably come with those.

• Like 1

"Looks" are not the top factor.

In a LTR - I would say someone I can trust, has my back, is happy when I happy (sex and other things), lets me be grumpy sometimes, playful and bit teasing, does not get offended too easily, laughs at her self, encourages me to be better person, has empathy for others, says she is sorry when she messes up. She would also values these same traits in me.