Men moving fast, in lieu of moving too slow

LookAtThisPOst

With regard to the recent post talking about a man who thought he waited too long to kiss a woman...like 6 or 7 dates in 2 months...

I was wondering if it's stories like this that get around and wind up motivating men to move faster.

Do sometimes men go into panic mode and start making moves too quickly to ensure she sticks around? Kind of a one extreme to the other situation.

PrettyEmily77
Do sometimes men go into panic mode and start making moves too quickly to ensure she sticks around? Kind of a one extreme to the other situation.

Regardless of when you make a move, she will only stick around if she feels like it. If she's lukewarm or not interested, the pace will be unlikely to affect things significantly one way or the other; if it's clearly mutual however, you can't do much wrong.

• Like 3

The main thing I noticed in a marketplace where women were besieged with attention is, generally, you snooze, you lose. The man's 'moves' had to be clearly and unequivocally romantic and sexual and in a timely manner or another man who had the moves down, all else, including interest, being equal, would succeed. It was no indictment of the women at all; they wanted what they wanted and were used to the dominant male style. Either conform or be cast out. Hence, I learned to kiss fast, get the stick shift between her knees quickly and leave no doubt as to my interest, even if there was some doubt in my own mind. Moving slow was death by a thousand cuts.

• Like 1
The_Dork_Lard

I was wondering if it's stories like this that get around and wind up motivating men to move faster.

It doesn't affect me one way or the other. I'm still going to continue doing it the way I've always done it: wait until they make the moves, give obvious cues for me to make a move, or make outright suggestions. It's rarely failed me... and when it has? Well, they weren't my type anyway.

Some ex's I've been *cough cough* pushing the train through the tunnel within hours of meeting, and then had a relationship lasting several years, and others I've waited 3 months before even holding their hand. Each partner is different, and I'm infuriated at the idea it's always about how quickly sex occurs. Why is the prime concern pivoted around sexual contact?

No. Most guys don't think like that.

I've never given this any thought at all until the recent posts here. I agree waiting for 6/7 dates to kiss someone is way too long. Although I've never been in a position where I've had to wait for a guy I'm dating to make a move, I most certainly wouldn't be too impressed if he pushed for sex on the first few dates, the exception being, of course if/when I had initiated it-unlikely in my case. I must prefer a guy to show interest in me as a person. as opposed to getting me into bed as soon as possible!