Thoughts on this new relationship

So about 3 months ago I met a guy online, we hit it off right away and went on a few dates together. We had great chemistry but we both sort of met at the wrong time because of work, life, etc. and so it all fell through. A month passes and he messages me telling me he hasn't stopped thinking about me and he'd like to see if we could hang out again and maybe this time have more time to date. We dated another month and it was the same as before in terms of chemistry to he asked me if I could be his girlfriend and I said yes. That's when everything sort of changed. He became distant gradually and stopped trying as much. He cancelled a date so he could see a friend (he wouldnt mention if they were male or female but always refered to them as "my friend"), that didn't really bother me because it gave me the opportunity to spend some time with my best friend equally. We had rescheduled for the next day but next day comes along and something comes up and he can't make it. The thing is, I sort of saw it coming because he was particularly distant on that day. I will say that he came on very strong in the beginning and I know it's crazy to expect anyone to be able to keep that up but it didn't just slow down, it came to a sudden halt. I asked him when's the next time we can see each other and he basically told me any time except next Sunday because he's spending the day with that friend again but he doesn't seem interested all that much in actually seeing me. I'm the one who has to set it up.

Bottom line is he's gotten more distant, stopped any sort of affection that he used to show, and stood me up once already after having cancelled a date the day before

Ideas?

Also, I want to mention that this is his first "relationship"

Edited by Peguni
forgot to mention something

The only explanation that comes to my mind is that he had several hooks in the water, so to speak, and just about the time he started talking to you about being his girlfriend some other option popped up that he decided to try.

He may have felt it was easier to just ease away from you rather than man-up and explain his decision to you face to face.

Kind of disrespectful if that's what happened but entirely possible.

Arieswoman

Peguni,

From what you say he's lost interest and is probably seeing someone else.

Bottom line is he's gotten more distant, stopped any sort of affection that he used to show, and stood me up once already after having cancelled a date the day before

If he was really bothered about you this wouldn't be happening ^^

Cut him loose and move on.

Sorry x