I just have a question....I am realizing I have been in an emotionally abusive relationship on and off for awhile...does this mean an emotionally abusive person will be like this with every girl or is it just me? It hurts.

Chances are he is an emotionally abusive person regardless of who he's with..

I was in a relationship where I was emotionally abused.. he would tell me that I somehow *Made* him that way.. that it was because he was so crazy about me that he couldn't control himself and he had never been this way with anyone else..

Well.. *Cough bullsh*t Cough* I watched him in other area's of his life.. different types of relationships, turns out he wasn't just "Crazy about me" he was/is just Crazy period. I talked to other people that were close to him.. I listened to how he talked to his own Mom.. he was abusive and emotionally controlling in all relationships, not just the *Romantic ones*

Emotional abuse is exactly that.. ABUSE. It damages your self esteem and over time can turn to physical abuse.. it did for me..

Emotional abuse does hurt.. and that is the intent of your abuser..

Don't question any longer IF he would be this way with someone else.. put your foot in his a** give him the boot and let it be crystal freakin clear that he ISN'T going to abuse you any longer.

Originally posted by gurl2

It hurts.

That's kind of the point.

The person you're with is hurting you, and it's not unintentional. I hope you find help, and by help--I mean escape.

It's who he is.

You can bet on this.

It may "look" like he has straightened up and flown right with another girl, but sooner or later he will slip.

I know this from experience. My ex's ex-wife thought he had really changed his ways with me, and when I left she went back to him. For about a month. Then she found out he had not changed.