Likes me but isn't ready for serious relationship

nicchamilton

So about a week and a half ago I met this girl. She is 25 and I'm 24. We hit it off really well. She told me she's moving to Spain soon for about a year. Well since the day we met we have been hanging out and basically spending every moment together acting like a couple. Sex is involved as well. She is leaving in 2 days and last night she wrote me a note saying how much fun she's had with me and she's developed a crush on me and says how cool I am. I told her my feelings also and agreed. I then told her I'd like to come see her. I explained that me coming to see her wouldn't mean anything necessarily and we should just stay in contact and let things take their course. I also told her that I wasn't looking at this like a relationship given the circumstances but it's possible for me. She told me that me planning a trip to see her kinda puts pressure on her and that she really doesn't want to think about any of that since she is starting a new life in Spain. She also just got out of a relationship a month and a half ago. She told me she would love to stay in touch and maybe one day I can visit but right now she just isn't ready for anything like that. After this talk we are still hanging out and doing the same things like nothing has happened. I really like this girl a lot. I know it's ridiculous because I just met her but still. Should I stay in contact with her and hope maybe one day she'll at least invite me to see her?

PegNosePete

I would tell her good luck in Spain, look me up when you're back, and let that be the end of it for now. Then get on with your life, meet others, etc. If when she comes back, you are both single and interested, take it from there. But don't put your life on hold because chances are it will never happen.

• Like 1
PrettyEmily77
So I shouldn't even stay in contact?

If you want to and she doesn't= no.

if she wants to and you don't=no.

If you both want to with the best of intentions=there's no harm in giving it a whirl and see how it plays out, provided you won't mind hearing her stories of hot Spanish dudes.

• Author
nicchamilton

Yea I'm well aware she will probably hookup with some Spanish guys. As I will continue to be single with other women. But honestly keeping in touch and seeing how it plays out is what I'm content with and if she meets someone else oh well.