He is hot and cold. He kissed me now he won't talk to me.

Long story, So I signed up for tinder and I met this guy on there who for some reason I had a sort of connection with that made me interested in talking to him. He eventually gave me his number and we texted for a bit and agreed to meet up. When I met him, he was the polar opposite of who I thought was texting personality wise. When I got to the bar I was meeting him at, he was already drunk, he didn't recognize me, and he brought his friends. He was pretty much a jerk the entire time. We agreed to meet back up that evening without his friends and he pretty much blew me off. The next day I wrote him off as not being interested and he randomly texted me apologizing for blowing me off and says he hopes he can make it up to me. I offer to invite him out one last time which he says no to. He then doesn't message me again for about 2 weeks but he added me on snapchat.

After about 2 weeks of having him on snapchat, I pretty much accepted that he wasn't into me like that. I also noticed on snapchat that he seemed to be consistently having bad day after bad day so I decided as a friend to message him and see how he is doing. Well that ended up resulting in us meeting up this past Wednesday. Things went a LOT smoother, he was friendly and honestly I was wondering if the reason why our first date was such a disaster is because it wasn't the right time or the circumstances wasn't right. I was starting to think he wasn't a jerk after all. So after the date i went back to his place to hangout. He ended up kissing me and I stayed the night. We didn't have sex, just went to sleep. When we woke up yesterday we kissed some more and parted ways cause we both had to be at work. He walked me to my car and gave me a big hug and kiss and told me to text him about seeing him again that day.

I send him a snapchat message around the time he says he was getting off work letting him know that I was going out with friends and If he wanted me to stop by his place afterwards. Hours pass and he dosent open the snap so I decided to text him asking jokingly if he is still alive. He said he was out with friends and he wouldn't be home until 12 so I just responded with an okay. About an hour later I decided to send him of selfie of me and my phone froze up to where I ended up accidentally screenshotting our text conversation and sending it to him. I told him that was an accident and I sent the selfie to him and he never responded. I don't hear from him again. I sent him one last text letting him know I was leaving the bar. I went home and checked Facebook and then realized that he didn't accept the friend request I sent him while we were hanging out.

I dont understand what this guys deal is, why kiss me and ask me to stay the night if he isn't into me. I also don't think it had to do with him wanting sex cause he didn't even really try and take it that far. I know now its best to leave him alone and I plan on it but I am just confused. Any advise or insight someone can give me?

Edited by Jc396
  • Like 1
PrettyEmily77

Sorry OP, looks like he was pretty much always cold.

Safer to write this one off and find a guy who will show genuine interest - you will know because he will tell you he's interested and then will actually act on it.

• Like 1

Sucks, but happens...

I went out recently on a date with a guy. I had an "ok" time. I even kissed him (I have to put guys on "test drives").

But, after the evening and a couple of days I spend it pondering his situation (single dad, back and forth with ex, what he does for a living, how he dressed for the date) and I decided I didn't wanna pursue it anymore.

I hope he didn't think I was leading him on by kissing him.

Dating is about trying to figure out if you're a match (unless you're just looking for company). It kinda sucks when you've invested time in them and either you or them figure out that you don't want anymore...worst if you slept with them. So, be thankful this happened now rather than 1 1/2 to 2 years into getting to know him.

• Like 1
  • Author

But I'm new to dating so I was jus wondering why a guy would show interest in me if he isn't? I don't want o bother him to ask him so I was curious if anyone has had this sort of experience and have had the guy tell them why L

hippychick3

This went about 20 steps past where it should have gone.

When the guy was a jerk and drunk at the bar, you should never have agreed to hang out with him later that night. You should have hightailed yourself right out of that bar.

When he no-showed that night, you should never have accepted his apology and invited him out. You should have ignored him.

When he added you on snapchat, you should never have accepted this request.

When he ignored you on snapchat, you should never have reached out to him to ask him how he was.

You then should never have gone to his place, kissed him, invited him out with your friends, sent him a snapchat, sent him a selfie, texted him you were leaving the bar, or ever have sent him a Facebook friend request.

Girl, you have chased a guy who, from the beginning, has shown little to no interest and absolutely no right to earn any of your time or energy.

SunnyWeather
He was pretty much a jerk the entire time.

you lost me at that part. why was it you hooked up with him, again?

people treat you how you let them.

pfftttt

• Author
you lost me at that part. why was it you hooked up with him, again?

people treat you how you let them.

pfftttt

I thought I was trying to see the good in it and be optimistic. I guess instead I'm just that gullible. I mean he was sweet when I we were first texting I was extremely shocked when he was a jerk when we met. Then i saw that he was going through a hard time right now so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. When we met up again I had such a great time with him I figured that the first meetup didn't count cause I was aware of stuff going on him that day. I guess I thought with different circumstances things wouls be better. But yeah I was wrong.