mixed signals

I am a girl and me and this girl, A, work together few years already. We were total strangers. However, one day when I was washing my plate, I did not realise she was standing behind me and when I turned, she gave me a big smile and talked to me like an old friend. Then not long after that, our mutual friend, B, added her into our group chat but she neither chat much nor join our activity outside. After that, I was off from work for a week and when I came back that morning, she was staring at me when I walked in but I was too shy to give her any eye contact. Then she put her hands on my shoulder when she came and talk to me. I can feel her hand slide from the shoulder till my biceps, grasp a bit and then move back to my upper back near my neck before lifting off. She came and asked me for help twice(she stand in front with the cubicle wall between us). I couldn't help much because she manage to figure it out herself in the end but the second time, she grab my arm when I wan to leave and she keep rubbing up and down and smiling so wide. The next day, she came to me and stand very near beside me and have a short chat. However, this week she was not the same as before.

I am confused. Is she being friendly all of the sudden or is she interested in me? Although I saw her always smiling widely to other people, but I don't see her touchy with just anyone. When she look at me, she is always holding a long eye contact and I can feel the intensity.

Anyone kindly advice. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you feel there's more than a platonic connection taking place. Gut instincts are *almost* always correct. The smiles, extended eye contact, and personal body contact are possibly feelers to gauge your responsiveness and whether or not you are receptive.

• Author

I felt it was a mixed signal because this week she is not the same as previously. She did not purposely approach me now although she still did the long eye contact, big smile and etc. I asked her to join me and my friends out for a movie but she said that she will join if she is free. I asked her to propose a time but she did not respond after that. So, I am extremely confused now.