Most exciting prospective date in 2 years

Online dating can be funny. I haven't really been meeting interesting people since a breakup from a short relationship in 2014.

Yesterday I decided to upgrade my subscription on okc and suddenly a lot of new interesting people appeared. I saw a guy my age that gave me butterflies in my stomach... can't remember last time this happened.

I never do this but decided to contact him. He immediately wrote me back and asked for more pictures as mine are... mysterious. When he received them, he asked if he could call me. He did. Then we talked and he asked if I'd be interested in meeting this week. He lives in a nearby neighborhood and 20 minutes later I receive an invitation through Open Table to a restaurant around the corner.

Not only he's hot (well in my nerdy kind of taste), a doctor, my age, and exactly my type physically. Same cultural background. Apparently also decisive and takes charge.

Does it sound too good to be true? When I said I liked his refreshing decisiveness, he said he moved to the city for more dating options with people within our religion and that he's 40+ and wants to find the right person.

Sounds too normal to be true, right? How can you tell when there's something fishy about a prospective date? I'm excited :bunny:

• Like 3

Well you should always trust your instincts, and the fact that you're on here asking means they're telling you sth's fishy. Doesn't mean you have to cut and run but just keep your guard up.

Otherwise, in this day and age, a little due diligence isn't out of the ordinary. Do some googling and see if what he says squares up w/what you see. If he's the more nebulous type, you could always get a PI to do some research as long as you have basic info like name and date of birth. That's normally more of an intermediate stage thing tho.

• Author

Oh well... I did google him before we met today. He is who he says he is. And he is / was indeed "all that"...

...except for one thing I found out during our date. He's on the Republican / Libertarian side of the political spectrum. I don't think I could date someone who sees the world so differently.

Oh well.

Edited by edgygirl

I find this thread makes OP seems quite endearing...I like people who have political opinion and care about social justice.

but, good match is hard to come by. are you sure it's a deal breaker? maybe he is not really firm in his political view? people could change?

• Like 1

Sounds good. But don't make any assumptions. Listen and watch and learn about him and just because he's hot or a doctor, don't assume that makes him automatically a nice guy. So don't go love blind right out of the gate. But just be lighthearted and fun to be with and see if he seems like a good guy and let us know what happens. Good luck. Also, make sure he's not already married. "Have you ever been married?" is a fair question. If he still is, he probably won't tell you but you'll get something kind of nebulous, so be alert.