wow...the power of looking...

Just came back from a coffee shop...

I was working with technical stuff in my computer and then I heard some men talking on the chair behind me...so I turned to the side and back to take a look...wow, the guy facing me was extremely handsome and looked like an Asian. I have never seen a Asian guy that handsome before, so I looked a bit longer to try to determine if he was really Asian and how handsome he was...then he kind of smile at my direction. He looked super excited and or flattered. so apparently he was aware that I was looking even he facing his friend and talking to his friend. People are really sensitive I guess.

I am now not quite sure if he was Asian because he spoke perfect English without any accent, unlike me. The shop was kind of dark at night and I dare not looked at him again.

darn...I never knew guys like being looked at...because I have never really stared at anybody or looking at guys directly. heck I didn't grew up an amorous culture. I am old-schooled and used to equate flirty with slutty...yes, I have never intentionally tried to flirt in my whole life...guess that's why such discovery for me?

so is that means if next time I see a handsome guy I should look at him longer? That won't make me seems desperate and easy, right?

Does the kind of response from a guy has something to do with how I look as well?

so men can get turned on by women's looking? :p:cool:

Edited by loveflower

By all means look if you like someone because a lot of guys have been led to believe that means interest, and sometimes it does. But what you don't do is act like you think it's weird he looks Asian but has no accent!! His family may have been here since the 1800s for all you know! How you look doesn't give you an accent. I have a Syrian friend with a notorious last name who gets some discrimination from it, but she is as American as apple pie and has better elocution than anyone I know. But yes, now you know the power of a smile and a look (on a person who already thinks you're attractive - don't go thinking it's a magic bullet)

I am old-schooled and used to equate flirty with slutty...

It's only slutty if you stare at his package. You can glance at it but just be discreet.

Then it's still flirty.

• Like 3
anonymousbear00101100

Guys enjoy being looked at and approached just as much as women do. Interest from the opposite sex is definitely flattering and confidence boosting.

The next handsome guy you see you should approach and introduce yourself, compliment him, trade numbers, etc. Just staring at him will make you look a little creepy if it goes on TOO long, but a catching his eyes a few times is not bad. How you look in his eyes will depend on whether or not he is interested in you, but he will be flattered by the attention regardless.

This is something I think girls of my age (and maybe all ages) seem to not understand. They want a guy to come initiate contact with them and will wait around until one does, watching countless handsome guys who could be interested in them go by.

Just came back from a coffee shop...

I have never seen a Asian guy that handsome before, so I looked a bit longer to try to determine if he was really Asian and how handsome he was...then he kind of smile at my direction. He looked super excited and or flattered. so apparently he was aware that I was looking even he facing his friend and talking to his friend. People are really sensitive I guess.

I am now not quite sure if he was Asian because he spoke perfect English without any accent, unlike me. The shop was kind of dark at night and I dare not looked at him again.

darn...I never knew guys like being looked at...because I have never really stared at anybody or looking at guys directly. heck I didn't grew up an amorous culture. I am old-schooled and used to equate flirty with slutty...yes, I have never intentionally tried to flirt in my whole life...guess that's why such discovery for me?

so is that means if next time I see a handsome guy I should look at him longer? That won't make me seems desperate and easy, right?

Does the kind of response from a guy has something to do with how I look as well?

so men can get turned on by women's looking? :p:cool:

Hey by the way, you're racist.

I get flagged on this stupid forum for calling out the truth.

Here's another one. Super super racist.

You're one of those people who would meet me and ask me why I speak perfect English.

Newsflash: get your head out of your ass.

JustGettingBy

Women looking at men works the same as men looking at women:

Feel free to look/smile. If they give you 'leave me alone' signals leave them be, but if they're enjoying themselves and/or are looking/smiling back feel free to keep looking.;)

A tip I've heard (for both genders). Make eye contact for a few seconds. Then look away fro a few seconds, and look back for a few again. If upon your second 'look' at them, if they kept looking, or started a second look likewise, they're interested.

• Author
Women looking at men works the same as men looking at women:

Feel free to look/smile. If they give you 'leave me alone' signals leave them be, but if they're enjoying themselves and/or are looking/smiling back feel free to keep looking.;)

A tip I've heard (for both genders). Make eye contact for a few seconds. Then look away fro a few seconds, and look back for a few again. If upon your second 'look' at them, if they kept looking, or started a second look likewise, they're interested.

yes...but what is the use to keep looking after all? I ain't going to approach a guy. I am certain the guy won't come over either.

• Like 1

Where are you from OP that you are so amazed that "an Asian" would speak without an accent or be attractive?

I found your post kinda bizzare.

And yes men enjoy flirting.

• Like 2
GunslingerRoland
Where are you from OP that you are so amazed that "an Asian" would speak without an accent or be attractive?

Lol, I know people from all areas of Asian descent who speak without accents, some have had generations grow up in North America. I'm similarly confused by the shock.

• Like 1
  • Author

When I was in a Canadian university, almost all Asian I knew speak English as a second language.

I still speak not-so-good English even after all these years here. I have no Asian friend who is born in north america.

I didn't just say attractive, I meant more handsome than movie star kind of attractive...

You know that there are HUGE numbers of people from various Asian decent that were born in North America right?!

And people of every ethnicity can be handsome.

I am going to agree, you sound kinda oblivious to your racisism. You seem to categorize, and make assumptions about people based on their race alone.

• Like 2
Lol, I know people from all areas of Asian descent who speak without accents, some have had generations grow up in North America. I'm similarly confused by the shock.

Not to mention, most who have English as a SECOND language speak near perfectly.

They talk gooder than me!

• Like 2
  • Author

Given me a break! how am I racist? when I already indicated I am an accented Asian myself?