Changing Preferences

Do some older women switch sides as they age?

The reason I ask,my wife of 4 plus decades is spending what I feel is spending time with a female classmate she "reconnected" with several years ago,there are just too many "RED FLAGS" for me to ignore.

In put is appreciated.

Edited by Bulldog63

IME, not so much 'switching teams' rather expanding their sexual horizons to include both genders, presuming apparent heterosexual prior. One, what's not to like :D and, two, one doubles, generally, the number of potential associations and/or partners.

I got as far as having three good female friends of many years dabbling in bi-sexual territory in their late 30's to 40's. Haven't seen anything lately other than the one remaining who's mid-40's, married and has a number of very close lesbian friends. From being around her, her aura is still decidedly hetero but I can see, when she's with one of those friends, how things could easily swing the other way.

One thing about being human with free will is the ability to change anything at any time. Sure, some of us tend to bend ourselves to societal rules and customs and suppress our feelings of change; others do not.

One thing I've personally noticed growing older is that, while not necessarily relevant to the sexual milieu, I'm more comfortable just being and people can take it or leave it and I really don't care which. People, as a group, aren't as consequential as they once were. Sure, treat folks in a humane fashion but playing by their rules doesn't matter as much anymore. I play by my rules. Perhaps, in a sense, these women are doing the same, following their path of exploration of life. It might stick and it might not. Only time will tell.

I don't think people switch teams just due to age. I had some interest in women at a young age. After a long relationship I indulged a bit in it to see if it was something for me. For me it was wanting to know myself and being in a position to do that.

I have a friend who always dated women. Then he met his husband and had such a connection with him he decided to go for it. I'm not sure if he never looked at men but either that relationship was such a draw or he finally felt confident enough to do something like that.

As a male with SSA I can tell you there is no on or off switch to our sexual orientation.

There are men and women who may be truly bi-sexual, gay (or other) but choose to live and identify as straight most of their lives.

It doesn't mean those feelings were never there it just means she never chose to act on them (that you are aware of) or never took the time to explore the opportunity.

Do some older women switch sides as they age?

The reason I ask,my wife of 4 plus decades is spending what I feel is spending time with a female classmate she "reconnected" with several years ago,there are just too many "RED FLAGS" for me to ignore.

In put is appreciated.

You may be tempted to see this as a trend but IME it's just a result of more opportunities coming w/age. So no actual age correlation, no.

Sounds like she was lonely and reconnected with an old friend who is probably more like a sister to her. Everything isn't about sex.