Why do you love your significant other?

He's one of those really rare people that brings joy to everyone that knows him. Sees the good in everyone, and makes me want to be a kinder person every day. Not a bad bone in his body, but doesn't put up with b/s either. He's truly a pleasure to be around.

And he's tall, tanned, with piercing blue eyes and a very big penis ;)

• Like 3
Impossible question to answer bc love isn't a verbal language. :D

Yeah, I was trying to figure out a way to express that and scrolled down and there it was. Pretty much.

Back when I was married there wasn't some list running around in my brain, rather it was more like a state of being that defied description.

My dad used to tell me, being he was an accountant, that when a man starts an accounting for a relationship, it's a good sign to move on. From what I've experienced so far, I'd say he was a pretty wise guy in that area, at minimum a successful guy in the marriage area. Teaching how to attract women, OTOH, heh, lousy :D

OP, back when I loved, I felt healthier, more spiritually robust, and all around glad to be alive, more so than normal, a state I had long been used to, when with my partner and spouse. When the love died, it was as if a huge chasm had opened and it took awhile to get back to historical normal. The good news is, for most of us, regardless of whether or not we assign 'whys' to our relationships, our love is a perpetually renewable resource. That, IMO, is the gift.

• Like 2

I'd truly love to tell you, but the basic reasons change, every day...

To be brutally honest, I love him, have always loved him, and always will.

There are times I don't like him... But then, that's the case with an awful lot of people I Love...

• Like 2

She's simply the best person I've ever known. And her fierce and unabiding love for our children makes me love her even more...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author
So many reasons, but the big three traits are that he's protective, loyal, and passionate. Fiercely so for all three.

Lucky girl.

• Like 2
dreamingoftigers

There are a lot of reasons, lots of qualities I love about him and lots of things he's done for me. But there's also been a lot of pain and investment on my behalf as well.

The reason I want to share, the has been the hardest to articulate is that we "get" each other. We both have similar world views and when we disagree, we can still at least see the internal logic at work within one another.

That's not quite it.

It's more like our secrets and history bond us together.

When you really break it down, our life together is one, big inside joke that you'd "have to be there to get it."

• Like 2

he doesn't play games, he gets my quirky sense of humor because his is pretty similar, and most of all, he loves me like no one else ever has. With him, it's a *good* feeling, you know?

• Like 2
So many reasons, but the big three traits are that he's protective, loyal, and passionate. Fiercely so for all three.

Well put - succinct and sweet

He's one of those really rare people that brings joy to everyone that knows him. Sees the good in everyone, and makes me want to be a kinder person every day. Not a bad bone in his body, but doesn't put up with b/s either. He's truly a pleasure to be around.

And he's tall, tanned, with piercing blue eyes and a very big penis ;)

This was lovely and also hilarious at the end

This is a very sweet thread

She mirrors my life back to me and makes me a better human being. She is my lover, best friend and mother/grandmother to my wonderful little family. I have never known anyone who can challenge me or upset me so very much, while smiling. She is simply the best woman, the best person I have ever known.

I'm still crazy about her after 22 years...

G

• Like 4

Because he is imperfectly perfect! Pretty simple in my book. He doesn't strive to be someone he is not to me, but he seeks his dad's approval. He is black and white, wholeheartedly real from his perspective of what he strives to be, perfect in his life. He doesn't give up. I know he suffers from not realizing his self-worth but one day he will realize who he believes he is only matters. Not who he thinks he should be. I want the man that he is. Not the man he thinks he needs to be. He is chasing a shadow of what he thinks is the man he should be, " His old man" Yet he longs to hear from his old man, " Son I am proud of You," but until then he will only chase a shadow he thinks he should be. "Old man I am a lot like you," rings through his mind every day, yet his old man doesn't recognize his son is a lot like him. If you are a father, and you are reading this.... tell your son you are proud of him. Don't let your son suffer the same heartbreak you had from your father. It's sad to see a son suffer the loss of recognition from his father. A father doesn't realize how much he plays a role in his son's life. A father has the power to speak volumes into his son's life. His son is waiting for his dad just to approve of him. Nobody can replace a dad in a son's life no matter what. It takes a special man to be a dad; anyone can be a father. A Dad plays an important part not only as a husband but as a dad as well. "Dad's" you are important so much more than your divorce.

I have never known anyone who can challenge me or upset me so very much, while smiling.

Well put. My daughter is probably the only other person that can draw that amount of love and frustration from me, often on an equal scale.

Loving someone make you vulnerable to these things...

Mr. Lucky

2.50 a gallon

On the night I met her, my first thought was that there was a face I could kiss good morning to for the rest of my life, and before that thought was finished, "Look at them Legs". I have always been a leg man, and she has long shapely skaters legs.

She turned out to be the most loving, caring, sharing woman I have ever met. She just cares about others and almost everybody loves her.

From age 14 she has had men pursuing her, she is beautiful and knows it, but has always been annoyed that most men will not look her in the eye and instead talk to her boobs.

Both of us have had bar previous marriages and both of us had given up on trusting the opposite sex. It took awhile for that trust to develop, neither one of us have ever given the other any reason to not trust the other.

We can do things together, but I can go off and do my thing, and her, her thing, with out either of us worrying about what the other is up to.

Twenty years later, we have had maybe five fights, and none lasted all that long. I am now retired, and she is old enough to retire, but still goes out of her way to remain attractive. I also love her long hair which she finds annoying to live with, but hardly ever has it cut, just because she knows how much I like it.

She is a grand mother of a 20 year old and still has an hour glass figure. She knows how it affects me, and will purposely find a reason to walk around the house half naked. Eye candy for a 70 year old.

Have you ever had skaters legs wrapped around you? Addicting!

Edited by 2.50 a gallon

My wife is intelligent, beautiful, open minded and above all intellectually honest and intellectually curious. Tracy allows me to be honest with her without judging me and reciprocates that honesty. Also, she is sexy and a fantastic lover.

Because he's kind, funny, good-humoured, co-operative and honourable.

He's always optimistic and positive.

I know I can always rely on him in a crisis.

He gives me space to be myself.

He agrees to eat veggie food twice a week, even though he's a carnivore.

He gets on with my friends and family, even if they are irritating at times !

He shares the same belief system and values as me - (Traditional Anglican).

He has a good work ethic.

I think we are lucky we found each other, even if it was "later in life".

I think love is like light, you can't see it but it illuminates everything that it falls on. As far as I and my wife go, I have always thought especially as we have grown older together, that she has really been my better half. With her in my life I think I have become a better person. We have never had a blazing row in our lives although there have been disagreements over the years. She has never held it against me when things cooled down and neither have I. However this has been a learned thing especially for me. We gel at a deep level so much so that if I am thinking of something she will verbalise my thoughts and vice versa. I suppose others would have also experienced this.

My wife is fiercely loyal and will defend me from others sometimes even when I am in the wrong. Also she has tremendous moral courage something I sometimes fail to display. Also she is blessed with an abundance of common sense. She is low maitenance, devoted to family and is frugal in her habits and needs. She is very caring and is very concerned about my health since I do have health problems. She has been through some difficult times with me in my career(Military) and never complined. I guess that is what love is all about. It is the sacrifices you make and the care and concern you show for others over and above your own needs.

I could write a list of the reasons I love her, I could tell you that she's beautiful, and smart, and loyal. That I love her laugh and that she makes me laugh, that I find myself grinning at some little joke she made days later, I can't even argue with the girl cause she makes me laugh mid sentence. I could tell you that I dig that she's so feisty, and passionate, and a very straight shooter or her humongous sense of adventure.

I could tell you its those bright green eyes that have had a hold on me from the first day we met.

Or I could tell you it's the little things: The way she bites her lip when she's nervous, how she stands in the rain at my football matches, how she sat by my hospital bed all those years ago. The voices she uses when she reads to our kids. How if I didn't charge her phone, it would never be charged - I swear she thinks its magic. How we still have so much to say to each other it seems like all the time in the world would never be enough.

I could tell you that she gets me like no one else. That I've never felt a connection like the one we have. We can have great banter, we can have conversations across a room with just facial expressions, and we can work together almost telepathically - we know each other that well.

Who wouldn't lover her!? But the truth of it is, you could line up another girl with all those qualities and I'm still not sure I'd feel what it is I feel for my wife. There's something else, something you just can't quite put your finger on. They way as soon as she walks out the room I feel the lack, and when she walks in she brings out the sun. Even If we're stuck in a traffic jam on the motorway - if she's there with me, I don't mind so much. I still look forward to spending time with her, the same way I did when I was 15. Even though I see her like everyday, I still get excited when I know I'm going to see her. She's still the person I want with me, come zombie apocalypse, come fame & fortune, or just to come her to and tell about my day.

I'd never be good enough with words to do justice to why I love her. In the end there's just something about her and I love her because I love her, simple as that! :love:

• Like 2