How important is kissing?

I consider myself a good kisser. But it's not what I think it's what the girls think. I always have been told I have soft lips. So for you lady's out there is kissing a big deal for you?

I consider myself a good kisser. But it's not what I think it's what the girls think. I always have been told I have soft lips. So for you lady's out there is kissing a big deal for you?

Kissing is huge. Never to be underestimated.

• Like 11

Not a woman but I have experienced a fair amount of women turning my friendly cheek kisses into full-on mouth contact so I'd surmise kissing, at some level, is important to them as an expression of something. For myself, that something has varied widely, from seeking my attention to expressing their love, whether platonic or romantic, to sexual attraction. As an oral person, heh, no complaints here.

I've been told often that I'm a good kisser, which is great because I really enjoy it. Doesn't really answer your original question to the ladies but I'm pretty sure as a gesture of affection, it's very important.

Snakechammah

It's not about the method or the kissing itself... but it is WHO you kiss.

My Crush is a sloppy kisser (he's Latin!) and after every kiss, I'll always have to wipe my mouth. He leaves saliva everywhere!

But it's ok. He can salivate all over my face, I'd still think his kisses are hott!! :love:

• Like 3
It's not about the method or the kissing itself... but it is WHO you kiss.

My Crush is a sloppy kisser (he's Latin!) and after every kiss, I'll always have to wipe my mouth. He leaves saliva everywhere!

But it's ok. He can salivate all over my face, I'd still think his kisses are hott!! :love:

I agree.

I don't think there are universally good kisses. It depends on chemistry and overall attraction. Kissing allows us to swim in pheromones, and if the chemistry is right, the kiss is going to be hot.

• Like 1

Super important I think. One girl I dated never let me kiss her to the third date! Made sex on the first and second a little awkward...;)

• Like 1

The most important thing.

Super hot, seductive, tension building makeout sessions are the cornerstone of a happy, healthy relationship.

• Like 5
  • Author
Super important I think. One girl I dated never let me kiss her to the third date! Made sex on the first and second a little awkward...;)

lol i bet. maybe that's why prostitutes don't kiss. too intimate.

I was reading another thread on cleavage and was commenting to myself on the kissing aspect that one lady I was involved with had practically no breasts but her lip cleavage, and kissing, was so awesome that I never noticed her chest until the first time we made love. Heh, now I remember how she dismissed her lips as 'fat', or whatever Russian word she used. Yeah, Angelina Jolie fat.

Probably the most important thing ....relationships succeed or fail on communication, and kissing is one of the most fundamental and effective forms of communication there is. The exchange of information (health, well-being, demeanor, relative happiness, issues, etc., etc.) is intense.

(I sometimes have entire 'conversations w/my peeps where never a word is said. ;))

• Like 2

For me it's a very big deal.

I like kissing (while soft lips are a plus, soft lips only get you so far).

I need good kissing chemistry with a guy to move forward. If I hate how you kiss I pretty much get turned off and lose attraction to you.

• Like 3
PrettyEmily77

You can learn to be a better lover with experience but it's a lot more difficult to learn how to be a better kisser, IMO.

IME, a really good kisser almost always translates into a very good lover, and I've heard it's one of the best ways to determine physical compatibility - the reverse is also true.

• Like 3
Kissing is huge. Never to be underestimated.

Agreed! Both FWB I had in the past never wanted to kiss because they said that it "made it too personal" ;)

• Author
You can learn to be a better lover with experience but it's a lot more difficult to learn how to be a better kisser, IMO.

IME, a really good kisser almost always translates into a very good lover, and I've heard it's one of the best ways to determine physical compatibility - the reverse is also true.

Really? Nice!!

• Author

A female friend of mine told me red lips on a man is inticing. Really? Isn't that lipstick? I'm confused.

A female friend of mine told me red lips on a man is inticing. Really? Isn't that lipstick? I'm confused.

I think that's just her way of saying a guy actually has lips. Some guys don't have lips and can be very thin.

• Author
I think that's just her way of saying a guy actually has lips. Some guys don't have lips and can be very thin.

Big lips matter?

Big lips matter?

Depends on the person's perception; IME, they were like pillows, not to mention the, to me anyway, enticing look that was always there, even when 'naked' (no lipstick/gloss/liner). For another guy perhaps, nada. For me, important. With my example, our language communication was somewhat limited and we did a lot of communicating via how we embraced and kissed.

Big lips matter?

Not so much "big" as soft and full so to speak. A lot of guys seem to have thin lips, and it's not much fun to put a kiss on someone and have a collision w/their teeth. ;)

• Author
Not so much "big" as soft and full so to speak. A lot of guys seem to have thin lips, and it's not much fun to put a kiss on someone and have a collision w/their teeth. ;)

Lol. But I do get the soft part. One girl shared if lips are soft like velvet then it's all over!!! She's hooked.

The most important thing.

Super hot, seductive, tension building makeout sessions are the cornerstone of a happy, healthy relationship.

Yep.

And even if your style isn't initially compatible with your partner, if the attraction and Chemistry are amazing then you WILL still feel super hot and alive from the kissing alone.

And when you aren't dying to make out with your partner, and don't long for their kisses then it's likely to be a lack of overall chemistry at play.

My ex wasn't into making out with me. I later discovered that he just wasn't that attracted to me. And it was the most evident through his lack of kissing.

I would watch music videos and cry when I saw couples making out; it really bothered me that my guy didn't have that raw lust or passion for me.

• Like 1