Ever been told "You're too attractive to date me"??

I wouldnt say I'm above average in attractiveness for a guy, but there have been a few women that I showed interest in that responded to me stating "You're too attractive for me" or "You could do better, why are you trying to date me".

Pretty odd response. Anyone else had someone say something like that to them? Or have you said it to someone?

Nice line but no.

Overall, of course with some exceptions, rejections have been derogatory to neutral. The trend started at derogatory in the 20's and trended more to neutral in 30's.

• Like 1
SwordofFlame

No, but I've been asked more than once "why are you single when you have so much going for you?" by dates, friends and family.

• Like 2
  • Author
No, but I've been asked more than once "why are you single when you have so much going for you?" by dates, friends and family.

That I can understand, especially from friends and family, because THEY know the real you, and know what you have to offer. The problem unfortunately is getting the new person you just met to see it.

Yes, I was seeing a guy and he said it was too hard for him to date me because he was always paranoid and jealous other men would be after me because I was too good looking. It was ridiculous.

• Like 1

I've never said it but I have thought it or avoided a guy because of it. It's just a comfort level thing and not really 100% about looks. If they have the whole package together and I felt "less than" then I wondered what they would want with me and not go for it. Or I would assume they just want sex or something but not want me as a real girlfriend.