LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Confidence and smiles really work

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By JustGettingBy
  • 2 Post By Snakechammah
  • 1 Post By TheArtist
  • 1 Post By Redfisher
  • 1 Post By JustGettingBy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2015, 11:14 PM   #1
Established Member

Confidence and smiles really work

For the last couple weeks, I've consciously went into work with better posture and a bit of a smile. I've noticed that women (both clients and co-workers) often will look directly at me to smile and say 'hi' a LOT more than normal, and a few start a 1-2 minute conversation. This was NOT happening nearly as much as when I slouched with a neutral or pessimistic look on my face. For the record, man have not changed their behaviour near me, so it does seem to be an attraction thing.

I have no romantic or sexual intentions with co-workers or other women I see in the work environment, but it's been a nice ego boost and proof that yes, I can gain attention from women. To all other guys out there struggling, 'fake it til you make it', at least passes test 1.

Soon, I may start cold approaches, outside of work obviously.
JustGettingBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 11:43 PM   #2

Well done! Let this be the new 2016 you!

Positivity starts from within. If you shine inside, you'll shine outside!

Start a step at a time, I'm sure if you adapt to a new positive and happy mindset, things will go your way.

All the best!
Where there is desire, there's gonna be a flame. Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned. Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die. You gotta get up and try, try, try... (Try - Pink)
Snakechammah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 12:30 AM   #3

I tried the same thing but with my dating profiles in the past. Had positive smiling pictures, and sent out positive messages, and pretty much everyone ignored me.

Then I posted only pics with no smile, and sent out negative type messages complaining about the dating process and well over 50% of the women replied and engaged in conversation with me.
67Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 5:27 AM   #4
Established Member

Whatever a person's physical appearance may be, whenever they smile they'll be attractive. It always works, keep it up!
TheArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 5:44 AM   #5
Established Member

I hate the term fake it till you make it. How about you fix it so you do not have to fake it?
Old 1st January 2016, 2:20 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakechammah View Post
Well done! Let this be the new 2016 you!

Positivity starts from within. If you shine inside, you'll shine outside!

Start a step at a time, I'm sure if you adapt to a new positive and happy mindset, things will go your way.

All the best!
So, make improving confidence at least part of my new year's resolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfisher View Post
I hate the term fake it till you make it. How about you fix it so you do not have to fake it?
Sounds like confirmation.
JustGettingBy is offline   Reply With Quote