What would be the best approach to take?

Herpaderppicklez

Ok, so last Wednesday I started dating a girl I liked, I got her number on Friday and decided I wouldn't text immediately when I got home, as I didn't want to seem desperate or needy. I give her a text a few hours later and waited for a reply. You guessed it, there wasn't one. I took it on the chin and decided to leave her to enjoy her weekend. What surprised me was the fact that she was liking my Instagram pictures and commented on one or two. I just felt that it was weird that she'd ignored my text, which I know she'd read, but decided to like and comment a few of my Instagram posts. Earlier this morning I saw her on the way to the shops, she was with a friend and we enjoyed talking for about five minutes. I told her I'd text tonight and she just smiled. Once again, earlier today, she liked and commented on an Instagram post I made. There was still no reply to my text from Friday. I spoke to a friend about it, who told me to text her later in the day. A few hours ago I text her and am still waiting on a reply. I made an Instagram post an hour ago, just a photo of an arctic monkeys song I was listening to. She liked and commented "great song". Now knowing she was on her phone I expected a reply within the next few minutes. There hasn't been one yet. It got under my skin that she seemingly ignored my text but had time to look at my Instagram post. I've not replied to her comment, because I felt almost ignored, despite her looking at my Instagram post. Should I reply to her comment? What should I do? What would be the best approach to take with this problem? I appreciate your replies. Thanks.

Your relationship is new enough that I don't feel bad about telling you to just move on. She isn't taking you seriously, she's playing games by making you wait for replies when she has probably seen your messages, and from your post you seem to find that just as irritating as most people would. Unless you feel like you can really see a future with her, life is too short for these silly games.

• Like 1

I agree with LadyDeadpool. Let her come to you, and she will if she's really interested. You've done your part, just don't get your hopes up that she's the one or anything.

• Like 1

You can't base a relationship off social media or electronic communications. the only stuff that matters is in-person interactions & phone calls.

I'm 51 years old. In my youth we didn't have computers, iPhones, social media, texting, email etc etc.

If we liked a girl we asked them out on dates. If they liked us and wanted to spend some time with us, they would accept. If they didn't, they would decline and everyone would go about their business.

I suggest you try that tactic that has worked for hundreds of years in free society.

She may accept or she may decline, but either way It would save you a lot of time and energy bellyaching and looking at an electronic screen all day.