Define 'Chemistry'

In dating, obviously. It gets tossed around a lot, but I've never had an exact 'grasp' of what it is.

Sexual Attraction

• Like 1

It's one of those terms that is intentionally vague... because it's impossible to define precisely, and almost certainly different for everyone.

I would say a short definition might be something like... sexual attraction combined with successful social interaction, encouraging body language, intrigue on some level, and both parties doing a pretty good job at stimulating hormonal activity in each other's autonomic nervous systems. IOW, the prospects for escalation are good.

• Like 1

At least feeling like I would want to kiss the guy.

Then I'd say it's "rapport" ... ability to connect on an intellectual level. If I can't, I don't even want to kiss the guy any more.

• Like 1

It's magnetic attraction, sometimes otherwise unexplainable. Maybe this isn't someone you'd consider beautiful or attractive in physical appearance or lifestyle, yet the draw is powerful and heady.

It can be explained in part by pheromones, which help us to choose partners with immune systems that are complementary to our own, ensuring healthier babies. It may also have something to do with attachment style, explaining why some people are so attracted to people who treat them poorly.

For me, "chemistry" = "level of sexual enthusiasm". The higher quality the sex is, and the more enthusiastic the person is with me, the more chemistry I'd say I have with that person.

My xGF and I are still close and occasional f buddies. The reason why is because our sex is just so damned epic...it flows so naturally. We are at ease, giddy, and magnetically drawn to each other physically. Things that neither of us have ever done before we did together for the first time, and they just happened organically. We don't force it at all. In fact, if you put us in the same room, we will not be able to keep our hands off each other. It's almost like a force of nature.

That, my friend, is chemistry. And it's a wonderful thing.