ex sends happy thanksgiving text...

lovelifesmile

ok so yesterday i got a text from my ex saying happy thanksgiving he still appreciates me and loves me...:sick: when my boyfriends finds out he snaps and begans to feel that i still care about that person because i wont tell that person to leave me alone and stay the F out my life.

The reason i wont send such a hurtful text is because me and that person still have a friendship even though we ending things we still became good friends but my boyfriend believes its because i care about that person.

im afraid to tell my boyfriend about our friendship because i know it may end our relationship , what else can i do because this is taking a huge toll on our relationship.?

Either realize that your boyfriend deserves to have your full attention and commitment and cease contacting your ex or run the risk of this snowballing and becoming something that divides your relationship.

You don't have to send a text to your ex and tell him "leave me alone", you can simply cease replying to his texts and snaps or contacting him with "friendly" stuff and the communication will stop. Also don't be naive to think that you are just friends with your ex. If he's texting you that he still loves you ok thanksgiving then clearly there is still something there on his part and if I was your BF I wouldn't want to have to deal with ex's telling my gf that they love her.

If you are worried about losing your ex by doing this then you obviously still have feelings for him and need to be honest with yourself because it's unfair to your current BF.

• Like 1
  • Author
lovelifesmile

im not afraid to lose my ex i could care less if he left my life it just about the type of person i would look like to do something to him because of the friendship.

im not afraid to lose my ex i could care less if he left my life it just about the type of person i would look like to do something to him because of the friendship.

What type of person would you look like? A normal person wouldn't allow their ex to be texting them "I love you" while dating someone else. Your BF doesn't deserve that. By replying to your ex's texts or snaps or interacting with him as a friend to this point, you have given him the confidence to cross the line and say things like "I love and miss you " without worrying about if you will think it's inappropriate. You need to stop that ASAP. If your boyfriend was getting those texts and snaps from his ex and told you "she's just my friend, I'm just trying to be nice and don't wanna be mean and tell her to **** off, even if she likes me, I don't like her... So don't worry about it babe"... What would you feel like?

I'd think "well if you don't care about them anymore then stop freaking talking to them and letting them talk to you!"... Not that hard to do. You can de friend them on snap chat. You can block their number on your phone. They won't know if you block his number. He shouldn't be calling you anyways so he won't know that you do it. And you shouldn't reply to his texts. If he throws a fit that you're not replying to his texts then you can see that he still is trying to get you back because he's upset you're not engaging his efforts to communicate. That's inappropriate, you should know that.

• Like 2

I hear ya.

Being stuck in the middle sucks, just keep pushing forward and you'll make a decision one way or another.

It's a former of codependency (:o), we all have it to a certain extent.

Good luck.:bunny:

• Like 1
ok so yesterday i got a text from my ex saying happy thanksgiving he still appreciates me and loves me...:sick: when my boyfriends finds out he snaps and begans to feel that i still care about that person because i wont tell that person to leave me alone and stay the F out my life.

The reason i wont send such a hurtful text is because me and that person still have a friendship even though we ending things we still became good friends but my boyfriend believes its because i care about that person.

im afraid to tell my boyfriend about our friendship because i know it may end our relationship , what else can i do because this is taking a huge toll on our relationship.?

You need to decide which is more important, your boyfriend or keeping a friendship with your ex. Your ex shouldn't be confessing his love for you knowing full well you're with someone else. That's not platonic or true friendship, especially since your bf has a problem with your ex.

• Like 1