contact after almost 2 years

Got a text from my ex today. Haven't had contact in over a year.

He ghosted me after dating for several months. After three unanswered messages, two texts and a voice mail i read the writing on the wall. I really cared for him, thought it might even be love. It took so long getting over him. I had to totally erase him from my life so I wouldn't be tempted to message him. After a few months I ran into him when I was on a date and he hugged me then. Then it took a while after that. But I'm good now. Hadn't though about him in a long time.

And I wake up to this. He apologizes for being busy. It will be 2 years in March. That's pretty darn busy.

So I have two options here. Ignore him. Or just sat no thank you to his request to meet up. I'm so tempted to do the latter because I want him to know I'm not interested in his games. I'm thinking of just saying no thanks and leaving it at that.

Any advice?

Text him saying who's this? If he replies with his name just ignore it, infact ignore any messages off him once you've said who's this. He's not worth your time at all.

• Like 2

I've just been ghosted myself and having spent the past month getting over her I can quite honestly say that if she had the cheek to contact me again I think my reply would be somewhere between angry and frickin' livid.

He hurt you once without a good reason, he'll do it again. Find someone new.

I've just been ghosted myself and having spent the past month getting over her I can quite honestly say that if she had the cheek to contact me again I think my reply would be somewhere between angry and frickin' livid.

He hurt you once without a good reason, he'll do it again. Find someone new.

Two years is along time and life's too short to look that far back. I agree with the artist. I'd appreciate anyone's advice in my recent thread. My heads all over the place right now

• Author

He said who he was so that's not an option. I don't have his # anymore. I could have honestly said who is this.

Don't want to meet him. Have spent the day remembering the pain. I can't go through that again. I told my friend and she said his mom died so he's probably lonely. And if he treats everyone who cares for him like he treated me he's probably desperate.

I just want him to know I got the message and I'm not interested in his crap anymore

I have to say I would be tempted to do the same with my ex, but then silence might be just as effective, plus you wouldn't get as many follow up texts.

If you reply, as therapeutic as that would be, he'll start spilling his emotions and you'll end up in a conversation you probably don't want.

It's a tricky one.