Where are you from?

is illegal in some countries I think.

Check out the polyamory website, plus morethantwo. The latter is also a book, I think. A classic about ethical non-monogamy is "The Ethical Slut" which is excellent.

That said, it's complicated - or certainly can be. We were in a poly relationship for a while, and it worked very well until those partners moved on to other relationships. We haven't found anyone else since who would be a good fit for either or both of us, but we're open to it happening should we meet someone suitable.

Monogamy is complicated enough for most people, and few people have great relationships whatever model they follow. However, you have to go with what works for you and appeals to you - if monogamy isn't how you're wired, then that probably won't work for you long-term. We are mostly monogamous now, with occasional excursions into open relationships (not as deep as poly relationships, but yet another alternative).

well, I am not an expert, but I have read enough to know that if you are a man thinking this is going to be great because of all the chicks you will have, you better adjust your thinking. Your partner if they are female will have infinitely more opportunities to hook up with guys than you will have with other women.

Probably 95% of men will not think twice about getting physically involved with a married women. What a deal. No strings sex. But probably less than 10% of women willl have any interest in that deal so you do the math pal.

And if it is your wife or girlsfriend that is pushing for this, you are heading down a very slippery slope that will be hard to reverse if you decide it ain't for you.

If you read the books recommended above, you will see the whole concept of polyamory is that it IS possible to not only be physically involved with others but deeply emotionally involved as well, and that the break up of the primary relationship is a distinct possibility if one of the partiesd cannot accept it.

Read the books, but if both of you are not totally on board you will be in a disaster quickly.

• Like 1
Where are you from?

is illegal in some countries I think.

Polyamory, not polygamy. ;)

(Tho maybe polyamory is illegal in some old school countries too.)

I hope to hear from people who have lived polyamorously because I need experienced people to tell me of the good and the not so good, as I plan my life. Thank you.

I have been practicing polyamory for over 5 years.

What do you want to know?

Poly is a womans world. We have no shortage of men who would jump at NSA sex. Quality partners are a different thing sometimes. But we have our pick. Men on the other hand have a hell of a time finding willing partners.

Poly doesn't fix broken relationships. In fact it is a relationship killer. It will shine on every defect in your existing relationships.

It is hard work balancing and nurturing multiple relationships.It is not free for all sex. People are not sex toys to be tried out and thrown away when it doesn't work. They have emotions and feelings.

You can lose your job, friends, family, reputation if you are poly.

• Like 2