A-Sexuality regarding female sports

There was a discussion recently on a tennis board on another site, on that site some guys happen to mention the attractiveness of some of the female tennis pro stars. Now I will add that most of the comments were not indecent (like mentioning sexual body parts) but just acknowledging the female athlete’s individual beauty. Immediately following however, some of the women and liberal guys jumped in and criticized on why does female athletes/sports always has to be reduced/degraded into sex objects?

That would seem a legit point except that I remember in last Summer’s Olympic Games, many women talking candidly about what they would like to do with Australian Swimmer Ian Thorpe’s body. Many like comments were made about other Olympic male swimmers like American Michael Phelps as well.

This didn’t bother me as well, because I understood that both men and women are humans first and we as humans are sexual beings and shouldn’t be suppressed from acknowledging the sexual attractiveness of individuals, including athletes. Let’s face it, not all humans are going to follow sports for the pure stats, goals, or wins, some are going to watch sports because they are going to (outrage!) actually find the athletes in regard, quite sexy.

So does female athletics really need to operate under a shield of A-sexuality to stay legit?

:o well, ya gotta also keep in mind the womens uniforms.Theres not too many guys that get into womens basketball...maybe because their uniforms are so similar to the mens uniforms?but ya look at say womens tennis, or volleyball--well hell yes-its a boys fantasy come to life! put those female basketball ladies into a tight tank-top and skimpy sports shorts...well i bet my life those 6' 5" women, will have a whole new fan club!! As for golf? How many sexy womens golfers have you heard the men go GA-GA over? NONE!!! But I garauntee,you put that gal in a mini and some sexy cleats, and she'll have a fan club. coincidence? I submit, NOT!!