How did you fall in love?

I want you to think of a specific time(s) and people you fell in love and not the general idea or thought, when answering these questions please.

When you fell in love, did it happen unconsciously or before you knew it? Were you just hanging out and doing fun things together and then you realized that you had or were falling love? Did these feeling sneak up on you? Did this person you fell for sneak up on you?

Or, were you prime and wanted to fall in love? Were you aware that the person you fell for was seducing you, drawing you in, or trying to make you fall in love with them? Were you trying to make them fall in love with you? Did you have a goal or were you trying to get to an end?

I hope these questions make sense, I am sort of rambling, but thank you in advance for your time. :)

JustGettingBy

I've fallen in love plenty of times, varying between love at first sight, gradual unconcious falling over a few months, and even after years on a couple of occasions.

As for how I fell in love? I'm pretty sure the presence of certain women flooded my brain with oxytocin.

Michelle ma Belle

I've been in love twice in my lifetime.

The first was my ex husband. I met him on a blind date and when I returned home that evening I told my mother I was going to marry him one day. I just knew it. He was the first to say I love you but I had been anxiously waiting for him to.

The second is B. and our love affair has been quite unconventional right from the beginning but equally as dramatic as my first. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” ― John Green, The Fault in Our Star. We had been falling in love for months leading up to our real life meeting and when we did, we fell madly and deeply and all at once.

I've truly been in love once.

I was in another relationship where I thought it was love but it was that he said he loved me first and I felt pressured into saying it back so I convinced myself into it.

In the real case, I don't think I tried to make him fall in love neither did he try to make me. It was over a year in, and we were long distance, before he said it first but we both agreed that we had felt it way before a year. It was a gradual process. I don't remember a specific moment when it was like aha, I'm in love, but once our relationship started it just grew deeper and deeper and more intimate daily and I cared deeply for him and vice-versa and it just made sense.

I realised I was in love 'the morning after'. We were meant to be a casual hook-up, but by next morning I knew he was much more.

I've now been with him for nearly 3 years. He's amazing.

It's funny but kinda why the quote in my signature resonated so strongly with me was I feel like I've fallen in love with my wife time after time.

We met when I was 15, she walked into the classroom, she took my breath away. I nudged my mate I told him id make her my gf!

I found her to be pretty cool, I liked the girl! We came to be great friends, and somewhere along the way it stopped being some schoolboy crush and I could see the ret of my life with her! At 16/17 I was pretty certain that was love.

But I felt a whole lot stronger when we spent Christmas together at 18, and again at 19 when she sat by my hospital bed. Stronger still on our wedding day but, it sounds soppy but I felt more than I ever knew I could when our kids were born, when we sat in the NICU, when we first brought them home, even just sometimes now for no reason in particular.

I didn't think I could fall more in love but I think now maybe that's what love is, not like a on/off switch but something more fluid. I don't think you can just stay stationary and that's it.

I keep falling in love with her over and over and over. I always love her but there's this constant moments, big moments where our relationship deepens, or moments where im given cause to appreciate our relationship all over again, or little moments when she makes me laugh, when she leaves the chocolates I like in the box or even just when she gives me that look after she's been talking or something and her eyes are all shiney and I get this, like I cant even describe, like my chest feels light! :love:

• Like 1
I want you to think of a specific time(s) and people you fell in love and not the general idea or thought, when answering these questions please.

When you fell in love, did it happen unconsciously or before you knew it? Were you just hanging out and doing fun things together and then you realized that you had or were falling love? Did these feeling sneak up on you? Did this person you fell for sneak up on you?

Or, were you prime and wanted to fall in love? Were you aware that the person you fell for was seducing you, drawing you in, or trying to make you fall in love with them? Were you trying to make them fall in love with you? Did you have a goal or were you trying to get to an end?

I hope these questions make sense, I am sort of rambling, but thank you in advance for your time. :)

It was definitely unconscious, unplanned. I had everything going for me, he was supposed to be a part time diversion.

I was in love with her before I ever met her in person, even though I didn't want to admit it to myself until after our first couple dates. I actually spent a bunch of money changing my plans so I could see her right after I got off the plane and I'm normally about as cheap as they come. We used to talk on the phone every night before we met, sometimes for 4-5 hours and it was often the highlight of my day. The rest of my day usually wasn't bad so that's saying something. :)

• Like 2

It was unplanned. I fell in definite lust first but the more I got to know about them the more I fell in love with them. I would say falling in love was a long process over many months/years.

I am still finding new things to fall in love with my husband about.

• Like 1

I've been in love three times. The first time, was with the girl next door(well across the street) When we were very young,I had thrown rocks at her. She was a couple years older. When we got older,and started spending most of our time together it just happened. We both were in love for several months before she finally got the nerve after a few drinks and kissed me. She once bought me a little statue that said "sometimes I hate you but always I love you". We both agree, If not for the foolishness of my youth we would be together almost 37 yrs. later.

Looking back, the other 2, although I did not realize it at the time, did things that reminded me of the first. I have been with many other women that I love, but I was only IN LOVE with those 3.

I like that "slowly and then all at once" that's how it happens for me.

It took a long time. I don't believe in 'love at first sight" for myself, so it took a long time.

Of course, at the time, I didn't see it that way. I thought i was in love, but I see now that it can take years to really get there.

We've been married more than 18 years now.

• Like 2

Both ways. First time, at first sight. Came in looking for a job in the place I worked, couldn't take my eyes off her, couldn't think of anything but her for a year after.

Second time, slowly as we developed a relationship. I'd fancied her from the moment we met, but that's shallow. Felt "in love" after about 4 months and it deepened for a long time after that based on her consistently amazing me with her personality.

Neither of these women felt the same about me. The second has been confusing me for the last year with it; she insists on seeing me more than anyone I actually date and I do far more with her in terms of activities, and she's single, and we dance and sing and cook together... but it's apparently just "not there". Even went to a town meeting with her last week and got assumed as a married couple, which happens any time we go into public. Whatever. One day when I'm gone I hope she feels pretty stupid.

I fell in love with my ex's actions. He opened the door for me all the time. He pulled out chairs for me. He opened car door. Actions speak louder then words. Someone could tell you over and over they love you but not mean it.

• Like 1

I've been in love twice. Both times I was just getting to know the woman and I found us sharing on a deeper level than I do with most. Trusting on a deeper level. Caring on a deeper level. Communicating on a deeper level. It's hard to explain, but over time I realized that I loved those women. Other people could tell. I think love is not just an emotion, but it is expressed. Love can be shown without the words "I love you" being spoken. Though I didn't have a problem telling them that I loved them ... and showing them.

My first true love was with my first boyfriend, it just happened. I remember bursting into tears and telling him that I loved him. (Yes so dramatic LOL) . he eventually fell in love with me.

He was my first everything, I ended up moving countries and he joined me, he was studying and I was too and working.

I can't explain to you how I fell in love with him, its an indescribable feeling. It's a very strong and powerful feeling that overwhelms.

Second time with my current on and off again ex, I never told him I loved him first. I actually lost my job and started crying on the phone. He said he loved me and I accidentally hung up on him not hearing him. Awwww. I used to always tell him, "I adore you".

My mistake was that I was so guarded with letting go myself and falling in love. I believe that's the key. I had been through so many shjtee men. I didn't want to get scare.

I MUST be able to completely let go and be vulnerable.

Its a difficult thing to do.

___ *almost fell in love* ___

I was crazy about a guy and we danced to at last by eda James and he bought me a book. Yet nothing happened between us . guys are so weird . I'm glad I never told him, hey I like you! I would have looked like an idiot.

__ recent *crazy about a guy*

I had no idea he liked me, I really really liked him, I didn't want to have an one night stand with him. I knew I would have fallen in love with him and been devasted. He is my prince.charming.

He treated me like a lady. Omg. I miss him every single day, despite me being with other guys and trying to forget about him, he will always be " what if?".

Ahhhh, next time I see him, I will sleep with him and fall in love. Hopefully that pain will finally make me get over him.

We re not in contact. He won't message me, but wow. I would give up everything for him.

todreaminblue

i like it when i fall gently in love....a growing realization this guy is special to me..he has something other guys dont........and like another person said actions are louder than words......i normally get whispers of thoughts....that makes me realize when he walks in a room or somewhere close....seems stupid and mental to say......but i get those whispers..like an insight...so needless to say ...i take a long time before and in between meeting potential love interests........deb

PinkInTheLimo
i like it when i fall gently in love....a growing realization this guy is special to me..he has something other guys dont........and like another person said actions are louder than words......i normally get whispers of thoughts....that makes me realize when he walks in a room or somewhere close....seems stupid and mental to say......but i get those whispers..like an insight...so needless to say ...i take a long time before and in between meeting potential love interests........deb

I hear you. I like the feeling to grow on me. To all of a sudden realise "Mmm, there's something in the air." And take time to discover if it is mutual. I like that exploration period. Where your heart starts beating faster when he suddenly enters the room and you are afraid you will start to blush...

That's one of the reasons why online dating is so difficult for me. I simply can't be attracted to someone right away, I'm very slow in these things. But the guys I meet always want to feel instant chemistry. If they don't feel it, they break off the contact. If they feel it, they are in such a hurry that I feel suffocated. I want to have the time and space to develop feelings.

• Like 1
2.50 a gallon

For my Ex-fiancé it was love at first sight. At age 26, although I did a lot of dating, had began to wonder why I could not find that some one special. Until I walked into a sporting goods store. I made my purchase went to the check out stand and the gal had her back to me leaning over a counter talking on the phone to her then boy friend. She had long black hair that glistened red where the over head lights caught it just right. That and her voice caught me attention. There was just something about her. Then when she hung up, and turned around I saw she had the face of a young Sophia Loren, and I was a goner.

I was a happy 32 year old bachelor when I met my Ex-wife. She was attracted to me from the get go, but being much younger than me, I was not interested and told her so. This only made her more determined. Three years later, after getting her college degree she wanted to get married. Me at age 35 decided if I had to chose just one woman to spend the rest of my life with, why not pick the sexiest one of the lot. On our wedding day, when I saw this goddess walking down the aisle to take her vows with me, I fell totally in love with her. I could have a home and family.

We broke up 6 months later, when I caught her cheating.

After that I swore I would never be weak and let myself fall in love again. I went on to have a great sex life. I liked living alone.

About a dozen years later I met this long legged blonde, with a face I could kiss good morning to for the rest of my life. But I knew anyone that good looking was sure to have a man in her life.

Two years later he made a mistake.

Twenty years ago tonight we had our first date. I was hoping for a FWB's relationship.

Second date, first kiss, and cupid shot me in the tuchass. I was in love. I knew I had a problem when I went home that night, as for the first time in over a decade, I realized how lonely I was.

Edited by 2.50 a gallon
2.50 a gallon

The wise ones say that love is a choice.

That was true with my Ex-fiancé and ExW.

After the break up of my marriage, I successfully avoided falling in love several times. The minute I began to develop feelings, I was out the back door and miles down the alley. I ran.

But when I relates to my current GF, I had no choice.

One second I was loving my life of living alone, and the next second I was totally lonely. And to run was not an option.

The first one we both ran in the same circles and one day we were at this club and started talking. We were both troubled kids from not the best circumstances and it's like we were kindred spirits. It felt like us against the world. We married and it was the marriage from hell.

The second time I saw her on the Seaside Heights boardwalk and we struck up a conversation so I asked her on a date. We went on the date and the more I got to know the more I knew this was the woman I wanted to share my life with. When I was single between marriages I made a list of what it would take for me to even commit to another woman thinking no woman would ever live up to it but she did. We are still happily married today.

• Like 1