i like my best friends ex who she loves?? what do i do

Apologies in advance if this is a little long, but i have no idea what to do in this situation and need some outsiders advice.

Me and my friend Jen have been best friends since we were 8, and we are now both 19. She dated a guy, Corey when she was 13 for about a year and a half, they were on and off, fought all the time, it was a high school relationship and she cheated on him and they broke up.

When me and Jen were 16, we had a huge blowout over dumb drama and stopped being friends for about 3 years, she moved away and we didnt talk anymore. During this time, I hungout with Corey all the time because we were all in the same group of friends. i started having a small crush on corey but didnt say anything because i wasnt ready for a relationship, as id just gotten out of a bad one.

She came back a few months ago after we turned 19, and we became friends again and just picked up where we left off, we hungout with Corey and his friends all the time.

Jen started developing feelings for Corey again, and twice over the summer when we all hungout they got completly wasted and ended up sleeping together.

Jens been obsessing over him, saying shes in love with him again and can see herself marrying this guy, but Corey isn't interested in all, he told me that he doesn't like her at all and shouldnt have slept with her and he was just drunk and he completly regrets it and has no feelings for her. I tried to gently tell Jen she should stop liking corey because i didnt think it was going to go anywhere, they never hungout alone or talked to each other unless we were all drinking together.

Anyways, so me and jen were drinking with corey and his friends and jen left before me, everyone ended up falling asleep and me and corey stayed up all night talking about everything, life, dreams, just everything. and then he kissed me, we started making out at first and then i freaked out and realized what was happening and left. i called jen and told her what happened and that we had kissed and apologized like crazier. We didnt talk for a few days then things went back to normal.

She forgave me and we went back to hanging out basically everyday.

but jen, corey, and our friends stopped hanging out all together. Corey doesnt like jen, but jen loves corey and doesnt want to hangout with us togetyher because she feels awakward with what happened.

Corey and jen havent talked at all, but me and corey have talked a lot still and i told him it meant nothing and we could still be friends, because were close friends i dont want to lose him as a friend.

jen is absolutely livid at me for even talking to him at all, shes guilt tripping me and now shes completly ignoring me because i kept talking to Corey, she thinks he likes me but i dont think he does.

i kinda like him too and we get along so great and are awesome friends, but i know nothing can happen of it because it would upset jen. But now she won't even talk to me.

i dont feel like she has the right to tell me who i can and cant talk to, because me and corey were friends when me and her werent even.

Should i stop talking to him and let our friendship go? Or should i hope that jen gets over this???

Given the fact that she dated him 6 years ago when she was a 13 year old child, I think she doesn't exactly have a claim on him.

You have also survived without her in your life once so you can do it again if she ends the friendship.

I do think that you should disclose your feelings to her before you make a move on Corey. Even if she doesn't take it well, it's still the classier thing to do

• Like 1
Given the fact that she dated him 6 years ago when she was a 13 year old child, I think she doesn't exactly have a claim on him.

You have also survived without her in your life once so you can do it again if she ends the friendship.

I do think that you should disclose your feelings to her before you make a move on Corey. Even if she doesn't take it well, it's still the classier thing to do

I agree. Approach the situation with class and respect and even if it doesn't go well you will be better off for it.