I like him, was I wrong for paying him this compliment?

So I asked this guy I am interested in if he wanted to go on a scavenger hunt in and around Dallas-Fort Worth.

His response: Haha! That seems like it would be fun. How did Manchester United do this past weekend?

Me trying to be a bit flirty replied: only because I think you're hot ;) I'll pretend you didn't ask that question. I then went on to state I hope we got rid of a certain player.

His response: de Gea is gone

Did I do something wrong?

No, just reply about sport for now. No more flirtatious texts until he starts sending them to you first. Play it cool.

Good luck!

Frank2thepoint
Me trying to be a bit flirty replied: only because I think you're hot ;) I'll pretend you didn't ask that question. I then went on to state I hope we got rid of a certain player.

Holy stupidity Batman! This guy is dumb as a rock. Are you sure you want to pursue this guy? You can easily imagine your future with him, sitting on a couch, or at a pub, watching sports, and talking only about sports.

• Like 1

It sounds like he may not be all that interested and is trying to be polite and change the topic.

You've put out an invite, and told him you think he's hot. Leave it be - the ball is in his court now.

• Like 2
This. I doubt he totally missed the "hot" compliment, but instead is choosing to ignore it. I would not continue to compliment this guy, because that might just lead to an uncomfortable situation for both of you.

True. Hey it's ok to swing and miss sometimes. Good on you for being bold

You can easily imagine your future with him, sitting on a couch, or at a pub, watching sports, and talking only about sports.

From my experience, and after seeing many threads on here, none of that matters, because just as the OP stated "he's hot". Thats all that seems to matter to many women nowadays. They want the hot guy, and dont care about how he acts or what his priorities are. They figure they can just change him later.

warrenorabbits
So I asked this guy I am interested in if he wanted to go on a scavenger hunt in and around Dallas-Fort Worth.

His response: Haha! That seems like it would be fun. How did Manchester United do this past weekend?

His response: de Gea is gone

Did I do something wrong?

Was his response via text, or in person? If it was texted then don't read too much into it. If in person, well ... what did his body language and tone say?

(P.S. I'm from D/FW originally! Where are you located? What would be some of the stops on your scavenger hunt?)