Are there any 'Good Hearted Women' out there....

as Waylon Jennings immortalized in song or for that matter any 'Amanda's' that Don't Williams and Waylon eulogised in song? For that matter are there any equivalent men out there? The Western World seems to have become so materialistic and crude that it seems that qualities that were once prized among citizens of Society are now passe' and at best would be considered quirky. Reality is a bitter word these days and to live in the Teal World is to almost live in the gutter! Guess I am out of fashion but when I think back to the days when I was young, I feel that inspite of all the progress the World has made, Life itself has not become better. The charm of life has gone sour! Sorry if I've offended anyone.

• Author

I just posted on Green Eyes thread about Good men/ women and Good hearted men/ women. I think there is a distinction and while I think there are a lot of Good men and Good women, there are in fact fewer Good Hearted men/women around. Mores the pity!

Is that the song whose lyrics seem to suggest that a "good-hearted woman" is one who stands by her man when he's a drunkard who can't hold down a job but instead spends all his time and money chasing other women and then is there to greet him with open arms when he finally stumbles back in the front door?

~pffftttt~ If that's the definition of what a "good-hearted woman" is, I believe I'll stay a "bad-hearted woman".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi Mrldii, I guess I asked for it by quoting Waylon. Actually as far as I know he had penned this song as a tribute to his wife Jessie Colter. Waylon had been on drugs and liquor and had hit a low point in his life but Jessie stuck by him and believed in his innate goodness so she nursed him back to good health and weaned him off his drugs habit. I would say she was a Good Hearted Woman because how many women these days would stick by a guy who was so far gone. Theirs was a True Love Story.

Hope I have clarified what I was trying to get across.