Two yrs later and my ex fiancee tried to overdose herself

Hi, I'm back and this actually shocked me. I'm upset at the same time.

After two years of going NC with her after catching her cheating, I found out through common friends and one of her family members that she's been in a psych ward for 72 hours as of now because she was found in serious condition in the tub, with a couple cuts on her left arm, a razor and a bottle of pills.

Not sure if this was right but I briefly resumed contact with her parents and send them a note stating that she gets better and that I hold no hard feelings (with my signature on it). But I don't plan on doing more. I'm just startled as to why a 28 year-old woman full of life, who can still change for the better would already give up and go as far as trying to kill herself.

No one should even be contemplating harming themselves, much less wanting to commit suicide. Though I've long moved on and I'm currently dating another girl for a couple months, should I visit her once? Or was the note enough?

Sorry but the note was probably too much. It almost seems like you did it to validate yourself. What did you expect from her parents? A "she should have stayed with you" note? You should have stayed no contact because after 2 years it probably had nothing to do with you even though your ego probably says otherwise.

• Like 5

I think you'll probably find that her parents give zero ****s about your best wishes and are also livid that you made her current situation all about you. You have no idea if your breakup has anything to do with her suicide attempt.

What she does or doesn't do now is none of your business. It's not been any of your business for two years. Leave her and her family alone.

• Like 1
  • Mad 1

It was a sweet gesture & I'm sure the parents appreciated it. Why she did it is a mystery other than she was depressed.

Two years after we broke up an EX of mine did kill himself. His family called me & embraced me as we all grieved. They assured me it was not my fault & reminisced with me that when we were together he was the happiest they hd seen him.

Please don't think that you caused her actions. But do spend some time with a suicide survivors group -- I recommend the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention & their fundraising walks-- https://www.afsp.org/out-of-the-darkness-walks They can help you sort through your feelings.

• Like 3
  • Author
Sorry but the note was probably too much. It almost seems like you did it to validate yourself. What did you expect from her parents? A "she should have stayed with you" note? You should have stayed no contact because after 2 years it probably had nothing to do with you even though your ego probably says otherwise.
I expected nothing but simply for her to get better. Her parents actually thanked me and we talked for a bit. I never had problems with them, not even when I cancelled the wedding and told them the reason why. Actually, they were like a second family to me at the time.

I think you'll probably find that her parents give zero ****s about your best wishes and are also livid that you made her current situation all about you. You have no idea if your breakup has anything to do with her suicide attempt.

What she does or doesn't do now is none of your business. It's not been any of your business for two years. Leave her and her family alone.

Actually I did talked for a bit with the parents and they were still nice to me like always. I was always considered as part of a the family by them. It would be more upsetting if her suicide attempt had anything to do with my breakup. No one should even think about killing themselves over a man/woman. There is so much in life and trying to end it over someone, that's really sad. Edited by AloneNow
  • Author
It was a sweet gesture & I'm sure the parents appreciated it. Why she did it is a mystery other than she was depressed.

Two years after we broke up an EX of mine did kill himself. His family called me & embraced me as we all grieved. They assured me it was not my fault & reminisced with me that when we were together he was the happiest they hd seen him.

Please don't think that you caused her actions. But do spend some time with a suicide survivors group -- I recommend the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention & their fundraising walks-- https://www.afsp.org/out-of-the-darkness-walks They can help you sort through your feelings.

Thank you and yes, her parents don't think it was my fault at all. We talked for a bit and according to them, she has been depressed for a long while and at one time stopped seeking counseling, would come late to work till she got fired, got moody with everyone and kept getting worse.