girl led me on? what happened?

I met this girl at work 2 weeks ago. One morning she talked to me on our company's chat asking if I wanted to go have drinks with her and other coworkers, I was busy that night so I got her # (she seemed really into me and wanted me to go). Few days later asked her if she wanted to have lunch one day and she said yes but if she could invite the coworkers again. We ended up having lunch with just us 2 and it went well. Afterwards I invited her bowling with a couple of my friends and we were mostly together the entire night. There were some signs that she could be interested me, like she would initiate contact first or I would catch her looking at me only for her to look away.

Anyways, she adds me on Facebook right after bowling and a couple of days later I ask if she wanted to have a drink after work, she says yes and asks if i want to go jogging with her and a group after. Right before i leave work she invites a co worker, and i try to keep it cool and at the bar we decide to head to the girl's apartment, but the other Co worker has to leave and it's just me and her in her apartment. So I think, "maybe I should do something". After hanging out for a bit I try to kiss her but it doesn't work.

We head down to the parking lot to get my clothes and I was going to change there but she tells me to come back to her apartment to change(weird) So I do and I change in her room, and I come back out and she tells me she "doesn't like me that way" and "you're younger than me dude". (I'm 1 year younger). At this point I'm so confused. She gave me some signs she was at least a bit interested. She tells me she has a long distance boyfriend in the USA (we're in Canada). During the long distance run I'm kinda butthurt but I act my best to play it cool. I run with her for a little bit and she also acts like nothing happened. People at the run ask if we're a couple and we both say no.

So what happened?? Did she not know I was interested in her until that point? I gave clear signs. Could she be one of those really nice girls that have Alot of guy friends and can't differentiate? Did she just want a guy companion to emotionally replace her boyfriend?

looks like temptation happened, made :o. Then she remembered she had a bf... somewhere, haha.

She didn't lead you on, because she never promised you anything...

This outcome is the risk that you are taking, when going out with someone who already has somebody...

To your point, she did use you as her emotional blanket which is not cool, but in the early dating stages, everything goes.

Don't sweat it, better luck next time. Oh, and my personal advice to you: stay away from people at work. You don't want to get into any sticky situations.

• Like 3
  • Author

OK... it is kinda awkward at work. I say hi on chat and it's a short convo and it ends there. Don't see much of her too much. I guess that's good? Any advice from here on out? She probably told her friends what I did : /

What did you do? You tried to kiss her and it was a no.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Screw them.

At LEAST you made a move.

• Like 1

what you did ? You did nothing, mate ! You're single ! She is the one who went out with you, while in a RS.

If I were you, I'd flat out ignore her and date other women. Outside work. Asap. Really. Focus on other ladies. And at work, flirt a bit with other co-workers, play smart arse... and just ignore her. She had other people to answer for her behaviour.

• Like 2
OK... it is kinda awkward at work. I say hi on chat and it's a short convo and it ends there. Don't see much of her too much. I guess that's good? Any advice from here on out? She probably told her friends what I did : /

Just be ruthlessly civil and polite.

You're not under any obligation to do anything else.

• Author

I do feel good that I actually tried... because i'm not the kind of person that usually does. It just seems to me that all the girls nowadays are taken.

Shouldn't she feel kind of bad/guilty for using me? My one fear is her telling her friends I tried to date her. I wish I would have known she had a boyfriend!

So I didn't do anything wrong, right?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Okay so it's been a couple of weeks now and almost every morning she will start a chat with "morning! How's it going." Or "omg it's Friday!"

Then I'll say something short like "I'm good. Tired today". And it'll end really short.

Why is she doing that. I've been kinda ignoring her just saying hi when I see her around but that's it.

bubbaganoosh

If I were you I would just ignore her and move on because if you think about it. How does one suddenly remember their in a relationship? To me she isn't sure about what she has and is calling down to the bull pen for a relief pitcher to start warming up. In other words she shouldn't be trusted. If she can't remember she has a boyfriend with her current man then she can forget you when you become the next guy in her life. Move on.

LoveIsMyReligion

Keep it up man, she seems like a flirt.

My most recent ex teased a buddy of mine for 5 straight months. When I asked why, she said because it was fun...

Way I see it, you can become her friend and tell her to back-off when she gets too flirty or you can keep it professional.

Otherwise she's going to use you for an ego boost which can be pretty draining.

• Author

weird thing is... I've ignored her for the past week or so and she's been talking to me more often on chat... and just now she texted me out of the blue.. I totally think she's after an ego boost haha

sucks