Playing Hard To Get Increase Attraction?

Poltergiest

I know that playing hard to get cannot generate attraction from a woman. A woman has to be attracted to me initially or else playing hard to get is moot. But if a woman is attracted to me then does playing hard to get work to my advantage to build on that attraction?

For example if she asks me out on a real date 1 and one whether to lunch or for a drink and I turn her down as a way to play hard to get then obviously she had high interest enough to ask me out. Turning her down may help increase that attraction.

Or if I accept a few dates and then she invites me into her house and I decline to go in as a way to play hard to get then doesn't that leave her wanting more?

The idea behind playing hard to get is to always leave a woman hungry for more of my company instead of being available all the time and risk overstaying my welcome. That's why I believe in keeping phone conversations short and dates short. No more than 2-3 hour dates. When the date is on the highest note emotionally and she is most flirty and about to fall all over me that's a good time to end the date right there.

It's one thing to genuinely wanting to take your time to get to know someone and/or have a life outside of dating...

But playing games to get someone can blow up in your face...

No one likes to be played and/or will see what you're doing as a lack of interest in them.

• Like 1
Clarence_Boddicker

There's got to be some attraction on her part or playing hard to get is pointless.

• Like 2
  • Author
Poltergiest
There's got to be some attraction on her part or playing hard to get is pointless.

I already said that so what's your point?

salparadise

Don't play hard to get, be hard to get.

*not my line, but it's a good one I think.

• Like 1
Clarence_Boddicker
I already said that so what's your point?

You should be able to tell in a very short amount of time if someone has any interest in you. I'm wondering if you're missing something in that department. Here's a hint: it's not just one action, but a lot of little ones. In an office setting, you'd have someone spending a lot of time engaging you for little things that are not really important or necessary. Any chance or excuse to talk to you. Mostly you can tell by body language.

Well, in the past if I asked men on a date, they turned me down... I did not take this as "playing hard to get" and it did not increase any attraction towards them.

I took it as them being point blank uninterested and moved on.

I personally think people should say what they mean and mean what they say. Be genuine with those you're interested in.

PrettyEmily77
But if a woman is attracted to me then does playing hard to get work to my advantage to build on that attraction?

No........

• Author
Poltergiest
You should be able to tell in a very short amount of time if someone has any interest in you. I'm wondering if you're missing something in that department. Here's a hint: it's not just one action, but a lot of little ones. In an office setting, you'd have someone spending a lot of time engaging you for little things that are not really important or necessary. Any chance or excuse to talk to you. Mostly you can tell by body language.

Well in the last 2 months it has been more than one action from my crushe's side. At minimum she has initiated most of the non essential contact as well as doing assignments for me when she didn't have to. 90% of the time she chooses me as a work partner in spite of having other options. She even touched me for the first time last week. I'm the one that tries to keep a distance from her.

• Author
Poltergiest
After a year, is there a reason you haven't asked her out?

Because since we work together it really is ideal if she asks me out. She has not yet asked me out directly for a date but 8 months ago she did ask me to join her for coffee on break. I declined. Then another time she asked for us to hang out after work and talk. I wasn't comfortable with that yet at the time.

Because since we work together it really is ideal if she asks me out. She has not yet asked me out directly for a date but 8 months ago she did ask me to join her for coffee on break. I declined. Then another time she asked for us to hang out after work and talk. I wasn't comfortable with that yet at the time.

Are you her superior at work or something?

If you're comfortable now, just ask her out already Darren ;)

• Like 1

The idea behind playing hard to get is to always leave a woman hungry for more of my company instead of being available all the time and risk overstaying my welcome. That's why I believe in keeping phone conversations short and dates short. No more than 2-3 hour dates. When the date is on the highest note emotionally and she is most flirty and about to fall all over me that's a good time to end the date right there.

You are really over thinking this dating thing. Why not just go with the flow? I think women like that much more than the game play