Online Relationships??

I don't see a forum for online relationships so here's my post about it. Has any of you ever successfully met and married someone whom you've met online? If so, here's my question for you and anyone else can answer this too. What does it take for someone who is online, someone you never even met, to cultivate your attention when there are plenty of people in the flesh you could be talking to, meeting or possibly developing something serious with? I never quite understood that. Anyone care to decipher that?

Married. We were together for 8 years in person plus the year and a half we knew each other online. Shrug. We were playing a game. We chatted. We liked each other.

There have never been lots of people in person giving me attention. That pretty much never happens. I was horribly shy and a wallflower. Teenage me never got attention. He was the first guy who ever wanted me. Now I'm a muuch chattier person but still socially awkward. I seem to be somebody you have to get to know to be interested in and that just never happens in person.

Married. We were together for 8 years in person plus the year and a half we knew each other online. Shrug. We were playing a game. We chatted. We liked each other.

There have never been lots of people in person giving me attention. That pretty much never happens. I was horribly shy and a wallflower. Teenage me never got attention. He was the first guy who ever wanted me. Now I'm a muuch chattier person but still socially awkward. I seem to be somebody you have to get to know to be interested in and that just never happens in person.

Bolded that part, and agree to what you said. I am similar.

However i am the one showing interest, it wasn't shown to me. We met in a game then just kept talking and i really liked her personality compared to every other person i met. Was what i wanted.

Not to sound like a douche, but it was such a relief that she looked good when i actually got to see her online. xD

Curently trying to move in toghether, cuz distance won't cut it :).