My boyfriend found me on Loveshack

Eighty_nine

...and read all of my posts. :rolleyes: He's probably reading this right now. Hi

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you feel?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

I have nothing to be ashamed of so I don't mind.

I do however like to keep this as "my" place. I like to just blurt out what is going on in my brain (right or wrong) and watch you all dissect it.

I actually had this conversation with someone the other day. The just accepted it and left me be.

My guy has seen LS in my browser window a few times over the years. He once asked in amusement, "What on earth is that??", but nothing seemed to come of it from then henceforth. I think he found the site too pink to handle. :lmao:

(If you're reading this, the fart you just let out in your sleep really stank!)

• Like 9

My exW didn't 'find' me, rather I told her about posting on LS and she was able to view my postings if she desired and we discussed some of the topics in MC. Her opinion, perhaps colored by the emotions of the moment, was that LS was 'stupid'.

For folks who view LS as a 'private' place, it pays to carefully guard anonymity here, like using completely unique information and not posting personally identifiable details. Seen a lot of 'outings' over the seven years of membership here. Happens!

• Like 3
autumnnight
My exW didn't 'find' me, rather I told her about posting on LS and she was able to view my postings if she desired and we discussed some of the topics in MC. Her opinion, perhaps colored by the emotions of the moment, was that LS was 'stupid'.

For folks who view LS as a 'private' place, it pays to carefully guard anonymity here, like using completely unique information and not posting personally identifiable details. Seen a lot of 'outings' over the seven years of membership here. Happens!

Very true - sad how pathetic people can be, isn't it...

There are those who would say that a certain segment of population is entitled to NO privacy. I disagree. However, since not everyone can keep their fingers out of the lives of others, it does pay to heed carhill's words.

As a reminder, while the sharing of personal experience with being 'found' on Loveshack is within posting guidelines, moderation will remind members to refrain from discussing any specific members or groups of members and focus on their own experiences. This allows the thread to continue since discussion of other members is generally prohibited but discussion of 'found me' and effects on personal relationships is well within our guidelines. Thanks for reading and please continue.

...and read all of my posts. :rolleyes: He's probably reading this right now. Hi Ian.

The big question is, did you write something in the s*x section that you forgot about and that is highly shameful ?

Also ... is that thread where you admitted wetting the bed until 20 still around ?

• Like 5
My guy has seen LS in my browser window a few times over the years. He once asked in amusement, "What on earth is that??", but nothing seemed to come of it from then henceforth. I think he found the site too pink to handle. :lmao:

(If you're reading this, the fart you just let out in your sleep really stank!)

What a romantic guy you have !!!

The molecules coming out of his butt have entered your nose, some ended up in your lungs and will soon be an integral part of you !!!

• Like 2

I have done my best to stay anonymous on the internet. I do share here where I am from, but for many years I didn't due to internet stalkers I had problems with. I don't want any of my friends to know who I am here because I use them as examples sometimes and sometimes need to blow off steam. I never mention Loveshack to them (or any other forum) but just say "Oh, I was on some forum" and play it off as if I"m on so many I can't keep it straight. But of course, anyone who uses your computer can see your history of where you've been, not to mention any "favorite" links and bookmarks. So to hide it, you have to do away with those and set your browser to not track history and delete it as soon as possible.

I'm pretty anonymous on the 'net and my husband knows I post here. I occasionally tell him about some of the more interesting threads (VBM's, for example) and that I spout openly about our BDSM Master/slave relationship.

No biggie.

lana-banana

My boyfriend confronted me about LS when he noticed I was browsing a thread called "Breaks and Breaking Up". I had to reassure him I read LS the same way he reads Reddit. Now he frequently asks me "so, how are your relationship forums?"

I wouldn't worry if he found my account. But I'm shocked by the people who post personally identifying information, upload pictures of themselves in their avatars, and then write about their sexual practices and illicit affairs. Any employer doing a simple background check could find this information in minutes. Come on, people!

• Like 3
...and read all of my posts. :rolleyes: He's probably reading this right now. Hi Ian.

I'm curious how he 'found' you - do you mean just through seeing LS on your computer/phone/device, or did he 'look' for you on the interwebs? I'd be less concerned about being found on the interwebs than by having someone close to me sneaking around out in the virtual bushes trying to check up on my web habits.

My people know I'm on here lol, seems silly to hide it. I understand about possibly wanting it as a private thing but meh, doesn't bother me at all, and bc of that I don't think anyone finds my activity here particularly titillating. It's just "that forum Jen posts on," not "Jen's secret internet skank hole." ;)

• Like 1

I am not too concerned. If anything else, if a woman doesn't believe me that I have been single all of my life, all I need to do is point her to this site and read my posts.

Besides, the day I leave LS is the day I finally found a relationship worth keeping.

• Like 1
compulsivedancer

I have considered starting over on here with a new name, just because there are so many details about me and my ex under my account. Then I would be less concerned about my boyfriend reading it, and less concerned about my ex reading it.

Everything I wrote on here is true. If my ex found it, there would be nothing to be ashamed of. The only thing he doesn't know is how much I've been struggling with the breakup. I think he would feel guilty more than anything if he found my posts. I haven't used real names or geographically identifiable locations. I have used specific memories that he would recognize should he ever come across these.

OP, what did your boyfriend say about your posts?

compulsivedancer
Everything I wrote on here is true. If my ex found it, there would be nothing to be ashamed of. The only thing he doesn't know is how much I've been struggling with the breakup. I think he would feel guilty more than anything if he found my posts. I haven't used real names or geographically identifiable locations. I have used specific memories that he would recognize should he ever come across these.

OP, what did your boyfriend say about your posts?

To be clear, my ex also has an account here, though he hasn't posted since we broke up. He has read everything I've posted about him. I'm far more concerned with him reading about details of me and my new boyfriend.

Actually, I told him about LS because I sought it out in the aftermath of trying to reconcile from my affair. I didn't want him to see Loveshack and think it was a dating site. That said, I wish he had respected my privacy and left me alone on here to get help my own way. Because he got on here, I felt I couldn't be 100% honest all the time on here because he might read it, which completely defeated the purpose.

But he also read my diary, too. I couldn't ever write in it again, something I have done since second grade. I finally was able to start a poetry journal, which is a little different, but at least gives me an outlet.

There are a couple friends I have on LS who know all truths concerning me. I try to take care when posting and may occasionally change a few details here and there, nothing that changes the contextual meaning, but enough so that it's not starkly obvious as to who I am in the event that acquaintances who may lurk on LS would be able to immediately identify and call me out.

NOBODY is actually completely anonymous on the internet. We can take measures to HELP hide our identity, but that doesn't mean we are actually anonymous and untouchable.

Case in point, I was on another forum and an issue with a deviant (or as William would say - hydra) developed. There was one member who was well educated in the IT world, knew the ins and outs of the internet age and even warned others to take care bc nobody was immune to discovery. Ironically, through the course of this issue, some things came to light to members "in the know," and when that discussion ensued, this IT professional bolted. He didn't linger and think about whether or not he could be identified due to information he'd posted, I mean he BOLTED. Sadly, I really liked that member. He was EXTREMELY instrumental and gave me the most sound advice through one of the most trying experiences of my life. In fact, I still miss him. He grounded and rooted my feet and stayed the course with me until the scare was over. But that just goes to show even tech savvy individuals, even one's who have backdoor access, are just as susceptible as those of us less tech savvy people.

Always be careful bc there's always someone a little more knowledgeable who can infiltrate, as we have seen in such cases as the Target hack and so on. If big box companies aren't immune with the professionals they have guarding their information, where does that leave the average individual?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
PrettyEmily77

The BF knows I post on here and has read some posts; for the most part, he couldn't care less, so long as I portray him as the best lover since the dawn of times.... :)

• Like 3
To be clear, my ex also has an account here, though he hasn't posted since we broke up. He has read everything I've posted about him. I'm far more concerned with him reading about details of me and my new boyfriend.

Actually, I told him about LS because I sought it out in the aftermath of trying to reconcile from my affair. I didn't want him to see Loveshack and think it was a dating site. That said, I wish he had respected my privacy and left me alone on here to get help my own way. Because he got on here, I felt I couldn't be 100% honest all the time on here because he might read it, which completely defeated the purpose.

But he also read my diary, too. I couldn't ever write in it again, something I have done since second grade. I finally was able to start a poetry journal, which is a little different, but at least gives me an outlet.

Could you create another account with LS? That way you can pretend to be someone new and post your true feelings.

I know this is going to sound weird, but sometimes when I read LS I look for him. I read stories that sound similar to mine and think just maybe it is him. After all, loveshack came up when I googled 'how to let go' on the first page of results. My ex doesn't have a lot of resources to help him cope. Except for Jack Daniels. He is also super techy and would probably love a site like this.

• Like 1

Yes, like a year ago I believe I ran into some guy I met in real life here on LS, but he won't admit it and I'm not sure which profile is him for sure...

Seems like we've been posting on two different websites and when I came here to post about a guy I just met, seems he picked up on that it was me (as much as I tried to leave out some details).

I believe it is him cuz like I'll post something here, and it'll materialize in real life. Like I'll post about buying a bag of chocolates and in a few days I see him walking around with the chocolates.

So, I do post truths here and yes, sometimes I try to hold back cuz knowing that he's probably reading it, I hold back, but sometimes I don't care.

Sometimes I get frustrated and want to leave here cuz I feel like this is one-sided, where he gets to learn about me and I learn nothing about him. I also think this online thing is blocking him from asking me out in real life cuz he can snoop on me here and get his "fill" of interaction with me w/o interacting with me in real life. And, sometimes I get upset from the things I "think" he may be posting here....But, from the things I post about - even if I make up another profile, it's pretty easy to figure out it's "me", so I can't hide from him I guess.

Yes, like a year ago I believe I ran into some guy I met in real life here on LS, but he won't admit it and I'm not sure which profile is him for sure...

Seems like we've been posting on two different websites and when I came here to post about a guy I just met, seems he picked up on that it was me (as much as I tried to leave out some details).

I believe it is him cuz like I'll post something here, and it'll materialize in real life. Like I'll post about buying a bag of chocolates and in a few days I see him walking around with the chocolates.

So, I do post truths here and yes, sometimes I try to hold back cuz knowing that he's probably reading it, I hold back, but sometimes I don't care.

Sometimes I get frustrated and want to leave here cuz I feel like this is one-sided, where he gets to learn about me and I learn nothing about him. I also think this online thing is blocking him from asking me out in real life cuz he can snoop on me here and get his "fill" of interaction with me w/o interacting with me in real life. And, sometimes I get upset from the things I "think" he may be posting here....But, from the things I post about - even if I make up another profile, it's pretty easy to figure out it's "me", so I can't hide from him I guess.

You have no real-life contact with him but you believe he's stalking you? Wow. This is one notch above the people who think celebrities are communicating with them through subliminal signals.

My boyfriend and I both post here and see each others' posts, but that's only because we MET here, so that's a different beast :)

We both know that we can post freely without any backlash or judgment. It's not an issue :)

• Like 1
I enjoy snooping on women that I am interested in.

Now why for some reason I envision you rubbing your hands together and giving out a maniacal grin and/or laugh :laugh: as you posted this?

You have no real-life contact with him but you believe he's stalking you? Wow. This is one notch above the people who think celebrities are communicating with them through subliminal signals.

If I had no real life contact with him, how would I know that he carries out in real life things I post about here?

Geesh....