When one you realize you're not over someone, at least not completely.

Has this ever happened to you? I feel that I am going through this right now, well, on and off I go through it. There was this girl who I was talking to in the past and she decided to cut all ties to me a little over a year ago. She told me that it was not personal and that she had nothing against me, but rather it was because of problems of her own. Although I think that a factor of it was because of how angry I was of her bringing up some rumors about me that a friend of hers, who I worked with, told her about.

I have not even attempted to contact her since the last time I talked to her. However, I still have my moments of pining over her when I know that I should not. I have told myself many times that I was better off without her, especially because she did act weird towards me a few times.

Has this happened to you?

So sorry that is how it all turned out. If she told you she's cutting ties, then there's just no contact that would be appropriate from you. Maybe she'll reconsider sometime if y'all were ever really friends and contact you. But you have got to assume she won't if she told you she's cutting ties.

I'm sorry it's put you in a lonely situation. That's the trouble when you get one indescreet or disloyal friend. They can poison the pond. You have to start getting out and trying to meet new friends. Join a class or a club or a meetup group or whatever you have to do.

• Author

The thing was that we liked each other that way as well. We even went on a few dates. At some point, she had told me that she was not ready to date because at first it was because of her daughter, then she later told me that she is afraid of getting hurt because of a past experience with a guy. I even noted about how she acted weird towards me on one of our dates. At first, she was all cool and into us talking and stuff, then the next, she looked at me oddly and would not look me in the eye. It was explained two days later that a couple of months before that, she had not told me about a fling with an old high school friend. The bad part was that she lied about intimacy with an ex and didn't tell me about sleeping with that one guy, and how he hurt her.

I also found it weird how she all of a sudden had to bring up some rumors to me and I was really upset with her friend about it. I guess I really was better off without her.