I owe you short guys an apology!

I just quickly answered all the questions on match and browsed the profiles for the first time.

Holy sh*t you guys aren't making this up, all the women no matter how tall have a requirement of 5'10". I saw one who said 5'9" and she wasn't even cute. lol And I thought you guys were delusional retards. :o that's not the only requirement. It's more like 5'10", white, bachelor degree, makes 75k and I doubt they're looking for ugly. These gals are looking for perfection.

Anyways, even if you're tall, white with a degree, you're match will not match you aesthetically speaking. That's why the guys only use OLD for sex.

Now outside of cyber space, this tall Mr. Perfect thing isn't so bad.

Edited by jay1983
  • Like 3
minimariah

you know... this tall & short discussion is very interesting because 5'8 - 5'10 isn't considered tall in my area of living at all. that's an everage height for our men. HOWEVER, in France -- that's considered SUPER TALL. LOL. like, you're a giant if you're more than 5'8.

tall, to us, is something like 6'2 & above.

cultures, man. :D

p.s. what site you're talking about, Tinder?

Edited by minimariah

Probably match.com and/or plenty of fish.

Holland is known to have one of the tallest populations. Average for men is 6'0"

I think average US height for men is like 5'10".

This is a sensitive subject for guys. Three things you should never offend when it comes to guys (unless you genuinely want to hurt him):

1. Penis

2. Hair loss (if balding)

3. Height

Height is becoming a big one I think because you can't hide if you're lacking in the height department. The penis is covered with clothes, and if you're balding you can shave your head or have implants done. There's no hiding height. Though I used to work with a guy that wore tall shoes to appear taller. I thought he was gay because they looked like junior baby spice platform shoes. Then I realized he was just insecure.

• Author

This is Match.com. These chicks are paying money to find what they're looking for. lol

Can we start a thread on tall women - like me, who are 5'7" and who often get dissed for petite and/or "spinners"?

Height is an issue for women too you know, it's like we can't win. Either we're getting dissed for shorter chicks and/or shorter guys think we won't like them :rolleyes:

I've gotten dissed many of times for shorter and/or petite women - and this is from guys who were taller than me...ok?

• Like 3

Ha ha Jay, the 5'10 OLD rule is common knowledge, pretty much set in stone.

Real life is more forgiving thankfully but 30% of relationships now start online and I can see that percentage rising over the coming years.

It's not going to get any easier for the short guy.

• Like 2
I just quickly answered all the questions on match and browsed the profiles for the first time.

Holy sh*t you guys aren't making this up, all the women no matter how tall have a requirement of 5'10". I saw one who said 5'9" and she wasn't even cute. lol And I thought you guys were delusional retards. :o that's not the only requirement. It's more like 5'10", white, bachelor degree, makes 75k and I doubt they're looking for ugly. These gals are looking for perfection.

Anyways, even if you're tall, white with a degree, you're match will not match you aesthetically speaking. That's why the guys only use OLD for sex.

Pretty much, online dating is basically window shopping, and ppl get much much much pickier.

• Like 4
minimariah
Can we start a thread on tall women - like me, who are 5'7" and who often get dissed for petite and/or "spinners"?

i'm with you, LOL. i'm 5'8 and that's a serious dealbreaker for many man. some view it as... how do i say it... nonfeminine?

Three things you should never offend when it comes to guys (unless you genuinely want to hurt him):

1. Penis

2. Hair loss (if balding)

3. Height

spot on, LOL.

height is a big deal to both men and women -- which is why a lot of dudes on OLD lie about it and say they're taller than they really are.

• Like 2
autumnnight
i'm with you, LOL. i'm 5'8 and that's a serious dealbreaker for many man. some view it as... how do i say it... nonfeminine?

spot on, LOL.

height is a big deal to both men and women -- which is why a lot of dudes on OLD lie about it and say they're taller than they really are.

True, at 5'10" when I see a 6'4" guy with some 5'0" woman I kinda want to hit her lol.

Spinner....hahahaha....that made me lol Gloria.

In a fair world, women who are not at least 5'6" should never get to date a man who is 6'0" or taller. :D

• Like 3
SammySammy

The last time my height was measured, the nurse said I was 5' 10". I've been called "short" by several women. It's always been amusing to have a 5' 2" or 5' 4" woman say I was "short". Hilarious to me. OLD is not the only place some women have those opinions.

• Like 3
  • Author
The last time my height was measured, the nurse said I was 5' 10". I've been called "short" by several women. It's always been amusing to have a 5' 2" or 5' 4" woman say I was "short". Hilarious to me. OLD is not the only place some women have those opinions.

Yeah, I figured if they're online by the hundreds they can easily be found in the real world too.

That's bullcrap. Women in the 5'7" to 5'10 range look AMAZING. They usually have great proportions and more slender frames. IMO, they look very femenine (which is contrary to what I read in another thread about a guy's opinion on tall women). And when they wear heals.... F*** yea!

I've always prefered taller women, but that does not mean I don't find shorter women attractive. My GF is a petite 5'3.5" and I love her look. I wouldn't change her height if given the option; it suits her actually.

• Like 2
  • Author
True, at 5'10" when I see a 6'4" guy with some 5'0" woman I kinda want to hit her lol.

Spinner....hahahaha....that made me lol Gloria.

In a fair world, women who are not at least 5'6" should never get to date a man who is 6'0" or taller. :D

They're hogging all the tall men! Lol

I can understand how that would be frustrating for tall women.

Edited by jay1983
  • Like 1

I don't do OLD but I assume it's essentially a vetting process for the early stages of what would occur in person ....including determining things like height dealbreakers. So I guess my question is, is it really surprising people have a lot of qualifications to eliminate non-contenders?

• Like 1
autumnnight
They're hogging all the tall men! Lol

I can understand how that would be frustrating for tall women.

My prom date came up to my chin...They had him stand on a box for pictures, which in retrospect was kind of rude, actually.

I used to hate being tall (when I was really young). But I like it now. I can wear pretty much anything without having to worry about looking "stumpy" (as one of my petite friends says). And those 3 or so pounds that happen at certain times don't really show.

• Like 2
  • Author

It's really surprising that a girl who's willing to date a guy under 5'10" is a mythical creature. Lol

Height is an issue for women too you know, it's like we can't win. Either we're getting dissed for shorter chicks and/or shorter guys think we won't like them :rolleyes:

I've gotten dissed many of times for shorter and/or petite women - and this is from guys who were taller than me...ok?

I agree that is a huge issue as well. Majority of tall guys like those short petite girls. And the taller women 5'8 and up are stuck because they cant go after the guys that are shorter than them.

Theres not one reason why women under 5'5 cant date the guys 5'8 and under, but its become a fad for the short women and the tall guys to shack up.

I used to hate being tall (when I was really young). But I like it now.

Its usually very obvious when a taller woman is unhappy being tall. She walks around with that slumped over look, trying to minimize herself as much as possible. I think thats extremely unattractive. A woman should own it, and not worry about how people perceive her.

Edited by Male
  • Like 1
ascendotum

Height is becoming a big one I think because you can't hide if you're lacking in the height department. There's no hiding height.

True. You can wear cowboy or combat/docmartin style boots to help a little.

Though I used to work with a guy that wore tall shoes to appear taller. I thought he was gay because they looked like junior baby spice platform shoes. Then I realized he was just insecure.
that's hilarious. I remember watching the movie Saturday night fever a few years back and the short guy in the gang had these massive chunky shoes that had like 4" heals. A bit of the 70s glam rocker/disco look but you would look a weirdo clonking along the street today with that look even though it would give the guy parity with women's heels.

I dunno, I used to date a guy who it turns out looked down on me because I am shorter than him(5'4.) He is 6'2. I didn't choose him for his height, I chose him for an attraction for how I felt with him overall.

Of course, when I learned that he felt less of me for my height I lost interest in him. Who needs that crap??

Weirdo. If you don't like who I am then move on.

Meh. Women are attracted to men that are taller than them because it makes them feel petite. Or conversely, men that are shorter than them make them feel not-petite. So naturally as they are describing the type of guy they want to date, they state their preference. Simple as that.

What I find ironic is the amount of hand wringing that we see from men on this subject. Because, let's face it guys, we men sort of dominate when it comes to being selective on physical appearance. And if any gender is more apt to look past physical attributes and appreciate non-physical qualities, it sure as Hell aint us!

• Like 7
  • Author
Jay, check back in a couple years and those ladies looking for Mr. Perfect will still be on there looking. The only difference is that their attitude will get worse and worse. IMO, many of the women who use OLD are broken.

Well realistically speaking, there just aren't enough tall, handsome white guys with good jobs for every working girl who's kinds cute.

I don't say that to hate, but I think.......... Aw IDK what's gonna happen, but it ain't gonna be good. Lol

There aren't enough non-crazy, debt free, hot women out there for every guy who's kinda cute either.... law of supply and demand.

I don't do OLD but I assume it's essentially a vetting process for the early stages of what would occur in person ....including determining things like height dealbreakers. So I guess my question is, is it really surprising people have a lot of qualifications to eliminate non-contenders?

Yea, but at the same time OLD results in you overlooking people "on paper". Over the years I have met guys that if I just saw a pic and profile on OLD, I'd probably pass them over cuz connecting with, knowing, and developing attraction isn't based soley on a picture and profile.

I feel similar about shopping online...online is good to narrow down a search for a product and/or service, but still, gotta visit the store and actually see, touch, and check it out.

• Like 3
  • Author
There aren't enough non-crazy, debt free, hot women out there for every guy who's kinda cute either.... law of supply and demand.

Don't matter, there's plenty of the captain save a hoe type for women like that

• Like 1
ascendotum
Its usually very obvious when a taller woman is unhappy being tall. She walks around with that slumped over look, trying to minimize herself as much as possible. I think thats extremely unattractive. A woman should own it, and not worry about how people perceive her.

I really don't think tall women have it that hard. I have not been aware of any long term single & dejected taller women. I worked with a 6'2 woman recently and asked her about dating and she never found it challenging. She said guys shorter then her had no problem flirting with her. She had dated guys shorter then her and she said she never wore high heels which I think would be smart move not to limit her options. She had a beautiful smile & nature which certainly helps.

If tall women had a hang up about needing to feel protected or be thrown around the room, then I think they'd have to learn to get over it or date some guy built like a pro wrestler. I would not call a 5'7 tall for a woman like someone else did here.