Why do so many women choose their heels over a man?

No this thread isnt a joke. I know a lot of you have a ton of jokes to crack after just reading the title. But I'm being very serious about this.

Any guy that has done any online dating can vouch for this. There are a lot, and I mean a lot of women that wrote on their profile in black and white..."I like to wear heels so you need to be "X" feet tall to contact me".

How did this obsession start? I think there are way more women that fit into this category than we realize. Is this an insecurity for some women? Would taking away their heels be the same as taking away their makeup? Do women hold on tight to their accessories more like its a part of them, or an extension of their personality?

Say a woman is 5'6....and she loves wearing her 3 inch heels. But she meets an amazing guy that is 5'8. How many women would not even consider him even though he is taller than her when she doesnt wear her heels? How serious can a woman really be about finding a great guy if she cares more about her shoes than a him?

Wearing heels makes many women feel dressed up & sexy. I know they have that effect on me. In heels I'm an inch taller than DH but who cares?

The ones who put minimum height requirements are shallow people. Be happy they told you up front in the profile that they are not suitable partners. That way you didn't have to waste your time.

• Like 6

I'm 6'1" in heels and I'm not giving them up. I don't care if a man is shorter than I am, though. Doesn't matter.

• Like 6
Friskyone4u

There are people of both sexes who have certain things that they find very important. nothing wrong with that. there are a lof of guys who want long straight hair, big or small boobs ,and the list goes on and on.

Personally, it is kind of shallow to totally rule out anyone does not meet a strict physical reqiorement before you ever get to know them but yup, 90% of women will probably put in their profile they want a man tall, dark, and handsome and fit for GQ.

That is why a lot of them are looking for a long long time.

• Like 4

It's good old Mother Nature.

Women want good genes.

Tall, healthy fit and strong men have proven good genes

Similarly men are looking for good genes too.

Indications of health, shiny hair, a decent size and weight and spotless skin.

A good body primed for reproduction.

Big breasts imply lots of milk to feed offspring and a good sized pelvis to deliver babies naturally.

Not rocket science.

• Like 2
autumnnight

They are not choosing heels over a man. They want a tall man.

If this "fair"? What the heck IS fair in dating and attraction.

Women who want tall men are not going to change their minds. Deal with it and pick someone else.

• Like 4
  • Author

Big breasts imply lots of milk to feed offspring

Not rocket science.

Breast size relates to how much milk the woman can offer??????????

Did I really just read that????

• Like 2

My poor children are going to starve for sure.

• Like 8

Don't give up the heels if you like them. Had this model from Holland visit LA a couple months ago. She said she is 6ft tall but she was definitely more like 6'1". I thought "eh, whatever, at least I'm still taller" (it's a guy thing). Well, that did not last because she wore heels everywhere we went. It was actually funny seeing how insecure a lot of the guys in public were around her. You could visually see grown men starting to feel inadequte. It was funny... and sort of sad, actually.

Not sure what the moral of the story is. I guess that even really tall women love heels. Fwiw, her ex was 6ft (so 1 inch shorter than her).

• Like 1

No, you didn't read that. Try again. Can see how you'd make that mistake though.

• Author
No, you didn't read that. Try again. Can see how you'd make that mistake though.

Big breasts imply lots of milk

I dont know what S_A is reading....but I see it clear as day.

autumnnight
It's good old Mother Nature.

Women want good genes.

Tall, healthy fit and strong men have proven good genes

Similarly men are looking for good genes too.

Indications of health, shiny hair, a decent size and weight and spotless skin.

A good body primed for reproduction.

Big breasts imply lots of milk to feed offspring and a good sized pelvis to deliver babies naturally.

Not rocket science.

Ummm..science objection.

Breast size has nothing to do with milk production.

Sorry...incorrect, but thank you for playing

• Like 2
It's an ego thing. Both the heels and the tall partner.

So dating any tall man is the equivalent of a pretty trophy wife/girlfriend?

What a powerful trait

• Like 1
  • Author
Wearing heels makes many women feel dressed up & sexy. I know they have that effect on me. In heels I'm an inch taller than DH but who cares?

The ones who put minimum height requirements are shallow people. Be happy they told you up front in the profile that they are not suitable partners. That way you didn't have to waste your time.

So then should guys really date women that NEED heels to feel secure about themselves?

This is what I will never understand about dating, and the psychology of it....most women insist that the guy they date has confidence, and feels good about who he is....yet many many women NEED things like heels, makeup, hair dye, and many other things to feel good about themselves. Isnt that a total double standard?

NO it doesn't, but I guess primitive man was not aware of that when choosing a mate, he was not party to scientific studies.

Milk quantity is determined by the amount of glandular tissue and breast size is determined mainly by fat.

My SO is an eyelash shy of 6', so when she puts on heels she is looking down on most men. She does have some 6" heels which makes her slightly taller then me when she wears them, im 6'4".

She has dated only me and two others. Both of the others where shorter then her without heels.

some have suggested it's an ego thing I believe that many women want to feel protected by their man and which means a bigger taller man. people like what they like, not everyone would agree with what you like in women.

• Author
NO it doesn't, but I guess primitive man was not aware of that when choosing a mate, he was not party to scientific studies.

Milk quantity is determined by the amount of glandular tissue and breast size is determined mainly by fat.

Yes I ALREADY KNEW that. I think everyone knew that expect you. Thats why I was so shocked by your statement.

You can try to dance around like a politician all you want...but you said it and now you're in damage control mode.

autumnnight

I don't "need" heels. I like heels. I very seriously dated someone for a long time in college who was just a tiny bit shorter than me when I was flat footed. He loved it when I wore heels.

I don't have to have a man who is taller than I am in heels. I do want a man who isn't going to whine about silly things that make him insecure, like what kind of shoes I am wearing to dinner.

• Like 6
  • Author
My SO is an eyelash shy of 6', so when she puts on heels she is looking down on most men. She does have some 6" heels which makes her slightly taller then me when she wears them, im 6'4".

She has dated only me and two others. Both of the others where shorter then her without heels.

some have suggested it's an ego thing I believe that many women want to feel protected by their man and which means a bigger taller man. people like what they like, not everyone would agree with what you like in women.

OK...but you didnt answer the question. Why doesnt a woman like that give up her heels if she does meet a great guy that is only an inch or two taller than her? Thats what I'm talking about.

If she wants to feel smaller than him, and he's taller than her when they are both flat footed, than why would a woman dismiss a guy like that, and narrow her chances by insisting she finds a guy that is even taller so she can continue to wear her heels??

autumnnight
OK...but you didnt answer the question. Why doesnt a woman like that give up her heels if she does meet a great guy that is only an inch or two taller than her? Thats what I'm talking about.

If she wants to feel smaller than him, and he's taller than her when they are both flat footed, than why would a woman dismiss a guy like that, and narrow her chances by insisting she finds a guy that is even taller so she can continue to wear her heels??

Because she wants to, and if a man doesn't like it, stamping his foot and whining unfair ain't gonna change her mind. The man's option is to find a different woman.

Life isn't fair.

As has been suggested before, if she wants to feel smaller than the man by her side but finds herself with a great guy who is only an inch or two taller than she is and she is bothered by not being able to wear her heels, well, then she's possibly too daft to realise she's going to let a good guy get away.

• Like 1
Yes I ALREADY KNEW that. I think everyone knew that expect you. Thats why I was so shocked by your statement.

It's because you didn't read it correctly. In my opinion anyway. I mean, I saw the word imply and knew what she meant.

• Like 3
Rejected Rosebud
So dating any tall man is the equivalent of a pretty trophy wife/girlfriend?

What a powerful trait

So what though? Most people have things about them that make them unattractive to some other people, since the people on dating sites are strangers then all you have to do is cross those off your list. It doesn't mean she's "choosing heels over a man." It means she has this preference and you can think whatever you want about it!!! They are strangers and what they like has nothing to do with you guys. Or with any of us!!! :bunny::bunny:
  • Like 1