What do you think?

LoverOfDance

So there's this guy I've been dancing with for a few months now. We have found ourselves on the same cast for three performances in the last few months so we've worked together quite a lot. I love the way he dances and I think he is cute. But here's the thing - he is five years younger than me. Also, he just broke up with his gf (of 3 years) in May I think. I think he wants to focus on his dance career, not sure. But he's very young (18 going on 19) so that's definitely a wise decision. That is, if that's what he has decided to do, not sure, lol. I think I heard him say something about wanting to focus on his career, to a friend. I may have heard wrong though.

I get the feeling that he might like me but then I also feel like maybe he doesn't. Or maybe he does but just wants to focus on his career and doesn't want to be distracted. Then again I'm also a training professional dancer just like him. And I am probably even more passionate about dance than he is, lol. Not that he isn't passionate, he is very passionate and ambitious.

Anyways, I just want to know if I am just imagining things. I feel this weird energy btw us but I don't know if I am imagining it.

When I replied to our group message on fb (the group consists of the cast members of our next performance), I had a feeling he would reply next and he did. And then everyone else in the group replied after him. Yesterday, the same thing happened again. I know this is nothing big, but it just makes me wonder if there's anything at all btw us. I don't know. Am I imagining things? What do you think?

Edited by LoverOfDance
avintagegirl
So there's this guy I've been dancing with for a few months now. We have found ourselves on the same cast for three performances in the last few months so we've worked together quite a lot. I love the way he dances and I think he is cute. But here's the thing - he is five years younger than me. Also, he just broke up with his gf (of 3 years) in May I think. I think he wants to focus on his dance career, not sure. But he's very young (18 going on 19) so that's definitely a wise decision. That is, if that's what he has decided to do, not sure, lol. I think I heard him say something about wanting to focus on his career, to a friend. I may have heard wrong though.

I get the feeling that he might like me but then I also feel like maybe he doesn't. Or maybe he does but just wants to focus on his career and doesn't want to be distracted. Then again I'm also a training professional dancer just like him. And I am probably even more passionate about dance than he is, lol. Not that he isn't passionate, he is very passionate and ambitious.

Anyways, I just want to know if I am just imagining things. I feel this weird energy btw us but I don't know if I am imagining it.

When I replied to our group message on fb (the group consists of the cast members of our next performance), I had a feeling he would reply next and he did. And then everyone else in the group replied after him. Yesterday, the same thing happened again. I know this is nothing big, but it just makes me wonder if there's anything at all btw us. I don't know. Am I imagining things? What do you think?

I have no way to know if you are imagining things. Here is what I do know:

• He is just out of a very long term relationship
  • He is young
  • He is going through a lot of change right now

To me those are three big reasons to not pursue anything with this young man. If he is interested he will show it. For now I would just be his friend, let him find his way. If you are in that path, great. If not who knows, someone for you could be around the corner.

• Like 1

I agree with vintage for the most part. But I'll also say that usually, when a person says they want to focus on their career or school, it's BS. They're likely available.

• Like 1