GUYS: When you call a girl your LOVE?

I have been chatting with this guy for two years, and yesterday...he said, "You are my love."

BUT he didn't say I love you! But I might have misinterpreted what might have been words of endearment for I love you...and I am embarrassed shameless because I replied wanting to hear him say it for so long! He just kept our conversation platonic from that point on and didn't entertain the idea any longer!

He NEVER says these sorts of things...and he followed with a, "You are my life." Was I wrong in assuming what I did?!

• Like 2

I'm sure some people with reply as to what it means to them, but at the end of the day why don't you ask "him"?

I'm from a Hispanic background. Men greet women often by kissing them on one or both cheeks. Sometimes they even hold your hand as they are doing it. Is it romantic interest? Nope, not really.

I also have grown up hearing/using terms of endearment such as "mi vida", "mi amor", "mi corazon"...

I also in English, am particular as to whom I use certain terms. I often use "babe" as a term of endearment with a dude. I recently used the Spanish terms of endearment with a dude I was chatting to recently cuz just he is someone I care for and have romantic interests in.

Lol, I also use terms of endearment that I create on my own. My 6year guy? I used to call him "Stinky". No, not cuz he smelled and/or he was a smoker....it was cuz he had an "attitude", so I'd call him "Stinky" when he was coping an attitude. A current dude I've known for a minute, I, in my head label him "Cinnamon"...I don't know why, it just popped into my head. I think Cinnamon is sweet to call him...:love:

So, ask him what he meant by it - maybe you can use the excuse that were you're from it's abnormal to hear such terms used amongst people in convo. Also, watch him with others, see if he uses the same terms casually or not.

I have been chatting with this guy for two years, and yesterday...he said, "You are my love."

BUT he didn't say I love you! But I might have misinterpreted what might have been words of endearment for I love you...and I am embarrassed shameless because I replied wanting to hear him say it for so long! He just kept our conversation platonic from that point on and didn't entertain the idea any longer!

He NEVER says these sorts of things...and he followed with a, "You are my life." Was I wrong in assuming what I did?!

That was really sweet. :D:love: Be patient, I think it's coming.

• Like 1