How to win my crush over

So how can I have the best chance of winning my crush over? I work with her and have had feelings for her for almost a year now. So far I have improved in a few areas with shaving every 2 days. She has given hints that she prefers clean cut guys. I have improved in my work performance in the last 18 months. So even before I developed feelings I was on the way up professionally. I have gotten new sets of clothes and updated that over the past year. I am going to buy a new suit soon in case I go for a date.

I have improved my appearance and have played a little hard to get to spice it up. Such as not accepting her offer for car rides. Not accepting her offer for half a candy bar. Not accepting her offer for cheeseburgers. Not telling her about my birthday a couple weeks ago. Declining her invitations for coffee breaks or dinner.

I just let her come to me and I don't initiate most conversations or push for anything. Although I will ask her follow up questions a few days later to show I am paying attention to what she talks about.

Edited by Honda1987

Stop playing games. Every time you do what you describe as "playing hard to get" what you are really doing is shooting yourself in the foot. When she reaches out & you reject her she concludes that you want the interactions to be work related only. The fact that this has been going on for a year tells me she has probably already given up on you & placed you firm in the friend zone because your behavior told her that is where you want to be.

So ask her out already or give up.

• Like 1
  • Author
Stop playing games. Every time you do what you describe as "playing hard to get" what you are really doing is shooting yourself in the foot. When she reaches out & you reject her she concludes that you want the interactions to be work related only. The fact that this has been going on for a year tells me she has probably already given up on you & placed you firm in the friend zone because your behavior told her that is where you want to be.

So ask her out already or give up.

She doesn't necessarily have to come to that conclusion. Maybe I want to go slowly and maybe I don't feel comfortable yet with exclusive interactions with her like sharing food unless other work colleagues join us on these breaks and outings.

But I guess my comfort level is not as important as the woman's. To hell with the man's comfort level.