Who has it better? Couples who have met early in age or the single/dating 30's crowd?

Who do you think has it better? People that have met their life long partner at an early age like 18-22 and didn't have the chance to sleep with alot of people or those in their 30's+ that have remained single, have dated here and there-just enjoying their freedom/possible hook-ups with different people-a variety of some, but still struggling to find someone?

understand50
Who do you think has it better? People that have met their life long partner at an early age like 18-22 and didn't have the chance to sleep with alot of people or those in their 30's+ that have remained single, have dated here and there-just enjoying their freedom/possible hook-ups with different people-a variety of some, but still struggling to find someone?

Well, only speaking for myself, I am glad I met and married my wife at 19. Reading LS, and all the BS with dating and trying to find someone, well I do not know how I would fair in this environment. So, I come down to finding someone early and settling down. if you can and you meet the right person. My wife and I had a lot of luck in this. Getting together in the first place. Her being 2 years older and dating me in high school, after she graduated, is unusual. Did lead to some issues. Being so young, and having kids early as well, was ..... stressful. It was also a lot fun and as we were both young we did not dwell to much on if it was doable or hard.

This was not a planned thing, and I would say that most people, do not start out to get married early. Just you meet, you both really click, then decide to marry. Hopefully you can weather the storms of life. Most of the challenges in life have been easier for both of us as a couple.

I do not think it is a case of having it better or not. I have a life relationship, I had it early, and it is still going strong. Sure, may have be nice to have played the field, but in the end, I am married for over 40 plus years, and have a nice large family. I have known a few guys having their first child at age 45. They will be 68, when their kid gets out of HS, and goes to collage. That is their choice, and they need be happy with their life. I feel for anyone, especially women, who wait and then find they can not have children. Time does slip by. Here is a link from the Telegraph, and I do think everyone should know that as you age, something are not to be.

Fertility education: Cameron must help schoolgirls plan pregnancy - Telegrap

• Like 1

Depends...

We live in a different day/age...

Getting married younger was good cuz people weren't so flakey...When you married, you married for life. You stuck through it. They also had the benefit of the wisdom of their parents - which aided them to be paired up with someone good for them.

Also, women didn't have much options. So, they didn't put off marriage and/or desire anything but marriage.

Then, you don't have the shame of a divorce now a days. People marry, divorce, drag their kids in/out this/that and it's all about "me" and "me" being happy. And, most divorces are initiated by women - who are favored in the courts/custody.

And, now with the sexual revolution, men no longer have to marry to get laid.

So, marrying young now a days is you setting up yourself for failure cuz people need to sorta "find" themselves cuz they have options now a days (and I don't mean casual sex/hook-ups, dating him/her - I mean career, education, travel).

I've heard ideally after like 26 is a good time to start picking someone to marry. By then hopefully you have college out of the way, got yourself established in yourself and a career and after dating a few people - can make an informed decision.

This lady that came on my fav podcaster, the Princeton Mom, opined that marrying in college was smart to do cuz you have a variety of people to pick from - who are equal minded as you (pursuing a higher education) and can get to know them in a no-pressure-to-have-sex environment (i.e. by doing classes together, activities, etc).

I agree with her, but at the same time, if you two graduate from college - you still might have issues cuz upon graduation you still are "finding" yourself and maybe wanna travel and get your career on track first.

Women, unfortunately, don't have the same luxury as men - by 30's their biological clock starts ticking and men usually favor someone younger. Cuz past 35 yrs of age, trying to get preggo can be difficult and/or end up in complications or a kid with downs or something.

Also, women by 30's - especially if they slept around - are gonna have a lot of baggage, which is a turn off for men.

Right now, I feel like I'm in a bad age group for dating. With me going on 40, I'm too old for certain men (cuz men wanna date younger); the guys my age are usually divorced and/or have kids/baggage - which I don't want; and, the guys around my age willing to date my age probably want kids and/or you to help them raise their kids and I'm not down for that. Worst, I don't mind dating a little older - but guys who are single and older than me "look" old. They got the whole "pot belly" thing going on, gray hair (don't care to dye it), and even "dress" like an older guy (not like that pic I posted on here one time of Brad Pitt and/or David Beckham).

If I could go back in time, I believe I would have made time to consider getting married in my 30's (eh, 35ish) but then again, I didn't have the knowledge and experience I have now. I would have made a terrible wife. An angry feminazi...And, I'm still not sure if I want kids and I still have issues trusting a guy with my heart and/or finances...

singles in their 30ies, in my personal experience (women maaaaaaaybe a little less because most do want kids and they want it before age 35) --

why? because i don't know any couple that married at early age that are actually STILL together, they all divorced. i'm sure there are many happy ones though, as proven by poster above. those singles in their 30ies i know are usually better balanced and financially & emotionally stable and they do have significant relationship(s) behind them that didn't work out for this or that reason.

my friend recently got married and she is pregnant at the age of 37 - met her husband totally unexpected at the age 37! she already thought she'll never find that special someone. but yeah, met The One and here she is.

you never know what life has in the store for you. things that work for you NOW - might not work for you tomorrow, so it's hard to say who has it better. probably those who are genuinely happy and satisfied with their lives -- married or not.

Both faced different challenges but they both have upsides. I wish I had met DH a few years earlier than I did but if I had I might not have been ready for him.

• Like 1

I sometimes wish I had met someone earlier in life. It would have made my life easier in certain ways. But I'm glad that I met my SO last year at age 30. I spent my late 20s making personal changes, drastic ones that may not have survived a relationship. Being alone was what I needed to become who I am today. We all need different things so it's hard to say who has it better.

• Like 1