what does this mean?

down hearted

It's been already 9 months or so not counting divorce conversations since I last spoke with my ex. His mother at the time when i went to her in despair for comfort and just some advice on the heartbreak and how i lost everything i had as I sacrificed everything for her son, she simply said pray and good luck, I will call you back, nine months later I am still waiting for that phone call, shows how appreciative she was of every single thing I did for her but it's all water under the bridge anyway, To not make the story so long, I do not have Facebook my mother does, a few days ago my my mom comes to me and tells me that my ex mother in law tried to add her on Facebook my mother obviously declined and left it as is.

My question is Why?? My mother never ever liked my ex mother in law ever they never hung out nothing why would my ex MIL try to add my mom? My mom said to me that the only way she would accept is if it's to curse her out at her hypocrite self but she simply declined, how would she find my mom though? My mom doesn't even have a pic of herself in her profile picture so?????

Even so what in her right mind made her think my mom would accept the request I'm just honestly so confused as to why this lady would want to do that? Also, during the divorce time a bit after I was told by my grandma that she tried to request my mom then too but my mom rejected the request. So??? My MIL has my mom's contact information so I know is not because she wants to talk to my mom. Is it just for gossip curiosity what is it????

What does this mean am I over thinking everything too much?

Any thoughts why would she want to add my mom on Facebook they never talked or anything like that. My MIL was the devil made my marriage hell at times and honestly I was always there for her when she needed me at all hours 2 3 4 in the morning yet when I needed her the most she gave me her cold shoulder and turned her back on me. So why try to come into my circle. I don't want any of my ex family to know a thing about me or my family I want them to think that the earth swallowed me whole they are toxic.

What do you make of this.

Edited by down hearted
acrosstheuniverse

Some people don't take it seriously and add everyone they know and tonnes of people they don't.

Some people are nosy and want to know about other people's business out of curiosity.

You're overthinking it, I can understand not wanting any link with her or the ex so just roll with that and if your mum asks your opinion feel free to tell her your rather she didn't accept, although it's entirely up to her.

I know it hurts like hell when you're close to your partner's family then they totally cut you off as soon as you split but it happens, families close ranks and you realise that being 'part of the family' could only ever have gone so far. It's a learning point for the future.

• Like 1
  • Author
down hearted

Thanks, your right im overthinking it knowing my ex MIL she is very nosy and gossipy so who knows maybe she just wants to get details to tell her son about it but she is stuck on that matter because my mom is very limited in what she posts on facebook anyway even if she were to be accepted which would never happen my mother never liked her to begin with.

what amazes me is that she tried twice to add my mom but why?? Probably out of curiosity maybe?

acrosstheuniverse

You answered it yourself: she's very nosy and gossipy. The key is in letting go and acknowledging it's not your problem what she does or doesn't do anymore.

La.Primavera
my ex MIL she is very nosy and gossipy

I agree, you answered your own question. Simple as that. Your mother can block her on Facebook by the way.

Edited by La.Primavera