The car is ready but a date to be determined

Eternal love

Well I don't know if I'm going to get a date or even ask any women out but at least everything is prepared to keep a woman safe and comfortable if I do take her out on a date.

I spent the better part of the past month fixing various problems with my car and put the finishing touches on it today. All 4 tires are 1 year old and in good shape. They have been rotated and the alignment is excellent. Tire air pressure all the way up to 45.5.

3 of my power windows were not working during the winter months. They are working now and in good condition. Very important now that our weather is getting hot. We certainly want her to feel comfortable in the vehicle and roll the window down if she gets hot.

I washed the car earlier and vacuumed it out and put a fresh coat of wax on it. I spent alot of time cleaning up the headlights. The brakes continue to do well. I also had a fuel induction service done last week.

I've got plenty of money in my savings account that I have spent the better part of 15 months building up. So even if I don't take a woman out on a date in the car it will be ready for sale if I die tomorrow. It is nice that I am prepared. Now to wait on The Lord for more instructions.

• Like 1
salparadise

45.5 psi is too much pressure. I'm sure the lord will be sending the memo shortly.

• Like 7
I like to keep my tires slightly over inflated.

But not by more than 1 or 2 psi. Too much and you significantly reduce adhesion in wet weather.

I run mine right around 50 psi. Better handling and (supposedly) an increase in gas mileage. "Wet weather" isn't really a concern around here, lol. Haven't replaced my broken wiper blades from last year either.

• Author
Eternal love

Every vehicle's owners manual will have different recommendations for tire pressure. My owners manual recommends 39 psi.

Anyway having the car ready at all times is one of those ways to be prepared because you never know if and when you meet a woman you are interested in. If an opportunity opens up you don't want anything holding you back from going out on a date. By having the car ready before an opportunity opens that's just one less thing to worry about. Preparation first before dating opportunities.

I thought you and her were "flying" on the first date...

I mean angels do fly to get around, right?

BTW, what a coincidence that I was grrrrrring today on me needing to have the wheels on my vehicle taken a look at...

Edited by Gloria25
Quiet Storm

I love seeing my husband washing cars, putting air in the tires and otherwise maintaining our cars and our boat. I don't why, but it's hot!

• Like 2
I love seeing my husband washing cars, putting air in the tires and otherwise maintaining our cars and our boat. I don't why, but it's hot!

High five girlfriend!!!

See, it's hard for me to sit back and relax and let a man take care of those things (which they are soooo good at...I mean don't let me describe my last attempt to do an oil change).

Years ago a guy I was seeing offered to cut my grass and I was like, 'nah, I got it'

NO MORE!!!

Years that followed I asked a guy I was seeing to home/dog sit for me and while I resisted my last FWBs attempts to do things for me, I broke down and let him just do it.

It was soooo nice to go and bring him a warm cup of coffee as he did those things in the cold...I just loved the opportunity to "serve" the man who was "serving" me....While I still have fears of depending on men, it was nice to relax and let him do nice things for me.

No more turning back....

Next man I get...he will be greeted with me in a tiny-top, short-shorts (or sexy sweater and leggings...you know, if its cold) and a beverage for the occasion (beer, lemonade, coffee/cocoa) in reward for him tinkering on our cars and/or the home :D Just gives me goosebumps thinking about having that opportunity with that "certain guy":love:

Edited by Gloria25
  • Like 1
salparadise

My last girlfriend had a thing about me taking care of her car- beyond what one would consider appreciative in a normal sense. It was symbolic of something much deeper and central to her need for care taking by her man, divergence of masculine/feminine roles, flexing the supposedly unique skills that only a manly man possesses. Even when i worked on my own motorcycles, the fact that I wasn't hesitant to take a machine apart and put it back together did something for her.

I became curious and started trying to figure out why such ordinary stuff was so important to her. The answer turned out to be that it represented things she had wished her father had been for her, but wasn't.

He was a highly intelligent, suit-wearing, government guy who was gone a lot, and even when he was home he didn't give her the kind of attention she needed. He was above the mundane conventional chores and didn't need to get his hands dirty. They had servants to take care of such things and they had drivers and rode around in limos most of the time anyway. Care taking was delegated.

So she had some deeply-seated disappointment surrounding the lack of hands-on care taking. Her father didn't own tools, so mechanical aptitude and willingness to focus attention on her represented something that was missing. She really liked my torque wrench :cool:

• Like 1

My father and brother look after my car... They refuse to teach me anything on the grounds that I get far too inquisitive and wrote one of my old cars off by taking it apart to see what everything did... No I am not joking. I am only allowed to stick oil and fuel in and change a tyre in emergencies. Oh and clean it out every 6 months...

It would be nice if my new man did the same. It would make me feel protected in some way. As though he is looking after me even when he is not there...

I think its a very macho thing to do actually. Even if its just the guy organising for teh local garage to repair it instead of doing it himself...