Do I only enjoy the chase or just scared of commitment?

unbeknown

Hey all - Hopefully this is in the right place.

So basically all my life (25) I've only really ever chased after girls. I've been on a lot of dates and more often than not it's always been me putting in most of the effort and then after a few months things always just fizzled out and I'd move on to the next one. I've never had a real relationship - the longest I have dated the same person is around 5-6 months.

I've no problem talking to girls or getting dates but when things ever remotely started to get serious I'd end up going cold and would come up with excuses to not meet up.

Most recently I've been seeing this girl and it's basically a fwb situation. She wants to have sex all the time and I find it hilarious that I'm making up excuses not to go around her house. It's as if because it's there in front of me for the taking I see no appeal in it.

Do I feel like this because I haven't found 'the one' yet? Because deep down I do want a relationship and my reasoning is I'll know when it's right. Or is it just that I've been in the dating mind state for so long I get cold so quick when things get serious. Am I just a commitment-phobe?

I've seen this over and over with teen and 20-something guys and ladies. You'll probably eventually commit when one of your sperm slips past the condom or the pill failure and preggers.

Edited by Col1
universalangel

My ex was like that. But i was the one to end it cause i thought it wasnt fair to me. He was the player. I broke up with him 2 years ago and hes been askin me to get married. I am the one who doesnt care anymore now. Be careful how u treat a girl, you may just regret it. I certainly will not give him another chance!

HereTodayGoneTomorow

You're a man, so have a natural instinct to be the hunter. If its there for you waiting on a plate in front of you, of course there's no appeal as there isn't much satisfaction in it. The woman taking the lead sexually emasculates you.

You just haven't found your best friend yet and you're young so no rush.