The feeling of not being able to live up

Camaro Guy

Hi guys, just real quickly I wanted to post this topic. One of the major fears in my adult life is not being able to live up to a woman's expectations. I've gotten better at this over the years but it still remains something that lurks in the back of my mind. I know at my age (24) that a lot of women will have had a good amount of experience whether in the form of many sexual partners or having long relationships.

Girls that are very experienced frighten me because it's so hard to engage them. They're used to being hit on, used to being led by strong and confident guys, that it's like you can't really get through to them. I guess those girls are only for the really top-tier experience guys.

The bedroom is a whole different arena. It's like a world that I have no knowledge of. It's very hard to find some girl that is either inexperienced or will not expect you to have experience. It's almost like you're expected to perform.

It's like I'm stuck. Suggestions, anyone?

salparadise
One of the major fears in my adult life is not being able to live up to a woman's expectations.

Excellent observation. I am much older and have been married and divorced, and been in several relationships since divorce. The common theme that contributed to the demise of all of these relationships... unrealistic expectations. This is why it's important to find someone who loves you just for who you are and not for what you can do for them or how you make them feel about themselves. If they delegate their happiness and make it your responsibility, it's not going to last.

The bedroom is a whole different arena. It's like a world that I have no knowledge of. It's very hard to find some girl that is either inexperienced or will not expect you to have experience. It's almost like you're expected to perform

It's a combination of knowledge and experience. The knowledge you can acquire, but the experience is a bit harder. You may need to find a good phukk buddy to gain some experience. The only advice I can give is to act confident even though you aren't, because that's usually the key to getting laid.

thefooloftheyear
Hi guys, just real quickly I wanted to post this topic. One of the major fears in my adult life is not being able to live up to a woman's expectations. I've gotten better at this over the years but it still remains something that lurks in the back of my mind. I know at my age (24) that a lot of women will have had a good amount of experience whether in the form of many sexual partners or having long relationships.

Girls that are very experienced frighten me because it's so hard to engage them. They're used to being hit on, used to being led by strong and confident guys, that it's like you can't really get through to them. I guess those girls are only for the really top-tier experience guys.

The bedroom is a whole different arena. It's like a world that I have no knowledge of. It's very hard to find some girl that is either inexperienced or will not expect you to have experience. It's almost like you're expected to perform.

C'mon, man....

De- mystify them(women)...There is a 100% chance that there are women that are at your level all around you...I think you are creating some scenario in your head that just doesn't really exist..

You will really have no idea what their level of experience is either...People often lie and fabricate shyt to make themselves appear to be someone they arent..

The best you can do is if you see something you want, then go for it..>Even if that person winds up to be more "experienced" than you are, trust me, if they like you they wont care one bit..

TFY

• Author
Camaro Guy

I think really my biggest fear is being left behind. I just feel as if I can't get up to speed. What if the girl who is perfect for me in every way disqualifies me because I'm not on her level of relationship or sexual experience? The most desirable girls are often usually experienced.

It sort of makes me want to not try because I feel as if I'll never get to a sufficient level of experience.

The thing that works in your favor, and the reason why there isn't some super-great-lover-guy out there who gets all the women while everybody else goes home alone, is that every woman is different and wants different things. When they're yakking with their friends it may sound like they have some common idea of what they want but when they're by themselves they are all different.

It's not about being the best or living up to some objective standard of excellence, it's about figuring out what the real woman you are with right now wants you to do with her right now. If you are going to strive to be the best at anything, strive to be the best at figuring that out.

• Like 1

It doesn't sound like you are looking so much for a relationship as you are looking to impress.

Not all women are over the top demanding and hard to please. You need to find a woman who is down to earth, genuine, kind hearted, and then treat her well and she will be there for you and not mind you inexperience.

GravityMan
I think really my biggest fear is being left behind. I just feel as if I can't get up to speed. What if the girl who is perfect for me in every way disqualifies me because I'm not on her level of relationship or sexual experience? The most desirable girls are often usually experienced.

It sort of makes me want to not try because I feel as if I'll never get to a sufficient level of experience.

Experience isn't a race or a competition. You need to stop caring so much about this stuff.

Example 1: That 35-year old dude sitting in the corner sipping his malt liquor has had sex with 19 different women over the past 20 years. However, 17 of them were one-night-stands and the other two were VERY short-term flings, both of which abruptly ended badly. He has never dated much or been in a real relationship, and has actually spent a lot of his evenings and weekends alone. Furthermore, word has gotten around that he's very selfish and ain't anything special in bed. So sure, he has sexual experience...but it really doesn't mean all that much. He still has many issues and character flaws. Things which have played a factor in him never being in a long-term relationship with a nice woman.

Example 2: The 28-year old IT coworker finally lost his virginity to his first girlfriend about two months ago. He had barely even dated until about one year ago, due to him focusing on coding/AI/networking and not being a guy who gets out much. His first time having sex was awkward (but not bad), but he still had fun and so did she. In other words, he took the awkwardness in stride and had humorous fun with it. And due to him being a quick study and being willing to please his GF (and her teaching him a thing or two), the sex rapidly improved. He was always a cool, likable guy, but was initially quite shy and also bothered by his lack of experience with women. Eventually he decided that enough was enough, and decided to try not to think so much about it, and soon realized that being inexperienced really wasn't a big deal at all. That coincided with a self-confidence boost, which coincided in him getting a lot more attention from relationship-minded women, including his current GF.

Now, I made up both examples, but I guarantee that there have been quite a few real-life cases that mirror both of them.

Sure, experience matters a bit...but you are putting WAY too much focus on it. Your self-esteem needs improvement, OP.