If a girl cuts her hair short are you less attracted?

It's a preference. I have had long hair & short hair. It didn't notice a difference in how I was perceived.

If you want to cut your hair, cut it. It can always grow back.

PegNosePete

I prefer a woman with short hair. There's nothing worse than a face full of hair when you're trying to sleep.

Well OK, there are a few things worse.....

Clarence_Boddicker

It depends. If I knew you before & was attracted, it wouldn't matter.

I prefer long hair, but some girls can make short or even no hair sexy.

It depends HOW short... If you're punky/emo and do the shaved head mixed in with longer hair thing, you'll probably still be attractive to that type. But for most of us we associate shorter hair as being a masculine trait, and longer hair being feminine.

I know of one girl in particular who has short hair and she pulls it off pretty good, I still think she's cute/attractive.

I like longer hair.. you have to have something to pull :laugh:

Short hair has never been a turn off though...

I love long, voluptuous hair on a woman, but I have to say I recently saw one with a bob that I thought looked amazing.

Frank2thepoint

I like long, short, or pixie cut short on a woman. I'd even be attracted to a woman that had a shaved head. Honestly whatever style a woman goes with doesn't bother me, as long I'm attracted to her and not her hair.

Always curious because I always wanted short hair but think if I do il instantly be 100 times less attractive to men?

Concerning the boldface, you shouldn't have the style of your hair revolve around how attractive you'll be to men, or to anybody. You should go with whatever hair style that makes you happy.

• Like 4
you shouldn't have the style of your hair revolve around how attractive you'll be to men, or to anybody. You should go with whatever hair style that makes you happy.

This!

If you feel good in your style, you will project confidence, and that is attractive to everyone!

You don't want a guy who only likes you for your hair anyway.

• Like 1

If that is you in your avatar pic, you would look very sassy and cute in a short edgy haircut. You have amazing cheekbones, and a good cut would really show them off.

It all depends on your face and how you pull off the look. Confidence in your style and body is worth 2 dress sizes, either direction.

I've had women with short short hair and super long hair and everywhere in between. I prefer longer hair generally.

• Like 2

I much prefer long hair. I understand the desire to keep it short however, it's much easier to manage. But, my preference is longer on women.

Long for sure...except for Halle Berry!

Long always improves a woman's looks. Even Halle Berry.

Thing people confuse when a woman wears short hair and looks hot that it must be her short hair.

The point is some woman are so beautiful that no matter what dress they wear of how short their hair is they will look super because they are that hot that their is no dress or hair cut that will make them look bad.

Example, I just saw a photo of Scarlet Johannson with a super short hair cut and she just looks super hot as she always does.

• Like 1
Always curious because I always wanted short hair but think if I do il instantly be 100 times less attractive to men?

And thats exactly why an article I once read stated that most women do not have the confidence to wear their hair short. Obviously that person knew what they were talking about. Most women have a lot of insecurities, and their hair is definitely on the top of the list.

Personally all of my LTR's have been with short haired women. Pretty ironic since I only like strong, independent types, thus the reason they had the confidence to wear short hair.

loveweary11

It's a different kind of attraction.

The same girl with a short bob seems edgy, fun, alternative, like an independent thinker and you want her. You find her mysterious and interesting as well as hot.

The same girl with long hair just seems hot, with less style.

Just dont change what you have too much if you already have a guy. We aren't big fans of changes like that on our own girlfriends.

• Like 1

I wear it blonde and short like Claire Underwood from House of Cards and have gotten far more attention than I ever did with it long. So long as you get a really good cut and keep it up, it's also easy and keeps shape all day. My ever-long (mid-back) daughter got hers cut between jaw and shoulder with bangs and everyone complimented her on it and she loves it now- lots of attention, maybe because she feels cuter and it shows. That's probably the key- if you feel happy and think you look good, it radiates.

• Like 1

It really depends on the person. There are some females who look amazing in short hair. As a general preference for myself, I do in general prefer long hair, but certainly wouldn't dismiss short hair.

Ninjainpajamas

Generally women look better with longer hair, and not everyone can pull of a short haired cut successfully, unfortunately.

But if that is you in your pic, I doubt you're going to see much of a difference in attracting men...judging by that pic alone, you have a pretty face and good features as well for the short haired look.

So I'd say you are a candidate for the short-haired look, I think you'll get compliments on it because you're attractive, to be frank about it...the hair cut will just be something interesting to look at or catches attention because it's different.

An example here:

Anna Hathaway short hair

Ann Hathaway long hair

Considerable difference in attraction for me...she's still pretty either way, but considerably more attractive with longer hair.

Edited by Ninjainpajamas
  • Like 1
It really depends on the person. There are some females who look amazing in short hair. As a general preference for myself, I do in general prefer long hair, but certainly wouldn't dismiss short hair.

Thing is... some of those women who look amazing in short hair, are probably looking way more amazing with longer hair.

• Like 2
regine_phalange

I wanted to grow my hair very long, but boy, it's so thick I get lost in there. I cut it shoulder length. I have lots of texture and volume, so length makes it too much. I never cared what men think of my hair. I was always with men who liked or loved shorter or medium length hair.

I love long, voluptuous hair on a woman, but I have to say I recently saw one with a bob that I thought looked amazing.

^

Me too

I loveee the feminine look. However, I'm a hugeee fan of the bob as well. Shoulder length, looks playful and young, you can do a lot of styles, looks cute and sexy, AND is easy to keep up with.

I'm all for what makes YOUR hair look best. A lot of women have really thin hair and they grow it, it just looks bad...you have to find the perfect balance of length, looks and how much time it takes to groom and then cut your hair accordingly. THAT will make you feel most sexy and confident.

I tried shorter hair twice in my life. Once when I was in my teens, then it looked very cute on me, got a lot of compliments and it really brought out my face. The 2nd time was last year, battling depression and being overweight at the same time. It still looked very good on me, just not as my usual feminine self. It made me feel like a masculin lesbian. I love lesbians don't get me wrong, but it was just too far off from who I am. Made me feel very very insecure. But then again, that might have had something to do with my state of mind at the time being.

• Like 1