Why do single moms over 30 still think they can go on a dating site and demand things

Do they not understand that they are no longer at the top of the list for the best date option? Plus they are competing with other women who are single and childless so I just don't understand they come off so negative and what they don't want. You would think that in their situation they would be positive and come as down to earth since most guys don't look for single moms first for dating.

I know I am not the only guy who has seen this on a dating site

• Like 7

Its the same thing with obese women too. I get at least 1 message a week from a obese women on POF. I don't want to sound like a douche, but i'm actually insulted every time they think they deserve a guy like me. I want to send them a message explaining how many thousands of hours i've spend in the gym, and how often i've had to starve myself for months at a time so I can have a body that is attractive to attractive women. Do they think they deserve a fit guy when they are 100lbs over weight themselves??? I honestly don't understand it. Even I don't bother messaging the girls online that I consider to be absolutely gorgeous because I know my range for girls lies more in the cute to very pretty range.

I even had one send me a message saying "well f**k you too" after she sent me a message, and I checked her profile then didn't respond. I try and be polite to people but she made it very difficult.

• Author
Its the same thing with obese women too. I get at least 1 message a week from a obese women on POF. I don't want to sound like a douche, but i'm actually insulted every time they think they deserve a guy like me. I want to send them a message explaining how many thousands of hours i've spend in the gym, and how often i've had to starve myself for months at a time so I can have a body that is attractive to attractive women. Do they think they deserve a fit guy when they are 100lbs over weight themselves??? I honestly don't understand it. Even I don't bother messaging the girls online that I consider to be absolutely gorgeous because I know my range for girls lies more in the cute to very pretty range.

I even had one send me a message saying "well f**k you too" after she sent me a message, and I checked her profile then didn't respond. I try and be polite to people but she made it very difficult.

Obese women can be confident on the computer but not in real life

For the same reason as the George Costanza lookalikes demanding Kate Upton: Delusion, arrogance and the fact that they are hiding behind a keyboard.

I'm in my 40s and my hair is greying rapidly. I know that in the grand scheme of things I am much less attractive to women than a guy in his peak years mid 20s-early 30s.

Seemingly unlike a lot of people, my taste in women has aged with me and despite being in shape and hitting the gym 5 times a week (not being arrogant but I'm in surprisingly good shape for an old guy) I go for the 'girl next door' type as I've honestly never been into hotties!

I have a rule for OLD - don't expect anything that you can't bring to the table yourself. If people are making demands outside of their league then be thankful that they have exposed a demanding and entitled personality. They've already rejected themselves for you!

As for people you deem unattractive messaging you? Can't blame them for trying, can you? Some people just won't accept their place in the food chain, that's their fault.

• Like 3
  • Author
For the same reason as the George Costanza lookalikes demanding Kate Upton: Delusion, arrogance and the fact that they are hiding behind a keyboard.

I'm in my 40s and my hair is greying rapidly. I know that in the grand scheme of things I am much less attractive to women than a guy in his peak years mid 20s-early 30s.

Seemingly unlike a lot of people, my taste in women has aged with me and despite being in shape and hitting the gym 5 times a week (not being arrogant but I'm in surprisingly good shape for an old guy) I go for the 'girl next door' type as I've honestly never been into hotties!

I have a rule for OLD - don't expect anything that you can't bring to the table yourself. If people are making demands outside of their league then be thankful that they have exposed a demanding and entitled personality. They've already rejected themselves for you!

As for people you deem unattractive messaging you? Can't blame them for trying, can you? Some people just won't accept their place in the food chain, that's their fault.

Well it's a lot easier to try online than it is in public. lol

I have no issue with single moms demanding things on line. While you might not view them at the top of the ladder I can assure you they are sought after.

What I find most ironic is that you are complaining about them having standards. I would almost bet money this stems from the fact that you are not meeting their standards.

I do find some of the demands that women make too be fairly comical. I also find extensive demands to be a rather big turn off. It just comes off as negative, rude and off putting too me.

The dumbest demand that I've read on dating websites are the "must have an college education" one.. Um why? A college degree is no measure of intelligence or success.

The problem I have seen with internet dating is that people tend too over value themselves. I think this stems from the very attractive men with issues or very attractive male sex addict.

• Like 2
  • Author
I have no issue with single moms demanding things on line. While you might not view them at the top of the ladder I can assure you they are sought after.

What I find most ironic is that you are complaining about them having standards. I would almost bet money this stems from the fact that you are not meeting their standards.

I do find some of the demands that women make too be fairly comical. I also find extensive demands to be a rather big turn off. It just comes off as negative, rude and off putting too me.

The dumbest demand that I've read on dating websites are the "must have an college education" one.. Um why? A college degree is no measure of intelligence or success.

The problem I have seen with internet dating is that people tend too over value themselves. I think this stems from the very attractive men with issues or very attractive male sex addict.

Single moms don't meet my standards so once I see they have kids I don't read their profile. The only type of single mom I maybe open to dating is someone who is 37-42 with kids 18 or over.

dreamingoftigers
Single moms don't meet my standards so once I see they have kids I don't read their profile. The only type of single mom I maybe open to dating is someone who is 37-42 with kids 18 or over.

So clearly it isn't the young, single guy who wants to not fit their criteria that they are after.

I would say that they post a list of what they are looking for/not looking for because they know that there is a lot of swill out there, and they aren't going to settle because they already went through relationship BS and are now saddled with a child and dwindling chances of getting a good relationship.

So how does one not waste time in a bunch of jerkoff loser "romances." One has standards to help wade through the BS.

Many men that already have had children or a relationship that ended in a sorrowful way are not going to try for the 19 year old so that they can relive the immaturity and rejection they may have already gone through. They want a woman who is family-oriented that can understand their baggage and respect it.

That's the guy those single moms with standards are looking for.

They want the guy without his head up his arse, expecting to tap that hot ass because she should settle because "she's got a kid and can't expect the world anymore."

Most single moms that are worth their salt will not accept just "joe blow whoever" to date because they are potentially going to have something to do with their child. And no one should just get a random stepparent for their child just to avoid being without a partner. (although many do) They are going to screen. They are going to avoid wasting their time because they already wasted enough with the last relationship that went bust.

Who cares that they aren't on the top of the food chain?

If I am obese, do I have to take what I can get?

No, I can examine my options and veto all of them until I work on myself and get better options.

If I have no college degree, just accept it and not try to date someone with a college degree?

No, I can say, "you know what, I always wanted to do xyz, I am going to go back to school, get established and then think about opening the door to a new relationship."

So many younger men seem to assume that as we get older that everyone who falls into League 1 should only try to date other League 1s. If you are in League 1, "too bad so sad, your partner-up line starts over here."

But really, most of us will go through periods of being single and coupled. After awhile most of us settle into a groove one way or another, knowing that we don't have to accept a partner that doesn't fit our life view because they are willing to "settle" for us.

• Like 5

What are they demanding, and why do you care?

As for the comments from that "stud" who thinks he is too good for some because of their weight.. Yeah its pretty ironic haha. Complaining about other peoples standards when your own are unreasonable.

• Like 1

ooops...guess I better not initial conversation with guys in case he starts to hate me for thinking im in his league..

• Like 3

You DON'T want to sound like a douche...?

Have I got news for you...

• Like 10

Why do you devalue women just because they have a child/children?

Why is she therefore lesser and in your opinion shouldn't have an option to date the kind of man she wants to date?

• Like 7
dreamingoftigers
ooops...guess I better not initial conversation with guys in case he starts to hate me for thinking im in his league..

"Why don't women do the approaching?"

-Sincerely, every dateless guy on here that uses OLD and has issues with "feminism" and "women who have standards."

• Like 6
dreamingoftigers

You are so right.

Those girls who are outside of your "special league" do not deserve a guy like you.

I don't think I know anyone that deserves a guy like you, who gets insulted because he put in "thousands of hours at the gym" to look attractive to women and attracted some women he didn't want. Oh what terrible luck you have. :lmao:

• Like 2

Well, I understand why you'd be insulted by obese women thinking they deserve someone ripped. I'm a woman and when I was doing old, I was similarly insulted by guys who were older, out of shape and losing hair, who thought they could have a sex only thing with me. I mean, I was saying, couldn't you look in the mirror before you even think I'd have casual sex with you? Goes both ways :p

• Like 2

Based on threads you've started before, you've got a few issues that would be considered deal breakers for women too. So in that vein, I could ask - why is it that balding men think they can go on dating sites and demand things?

• Like 6
sillyanswer
Do they not understand that they are no longer at the top of the list for the best date option? Plus they are competing with other women who are single and childless so I just don't understand they come off so negative and what they don't want. You would think that in their situation they would be positive and come as down to earth since most guys don't look for single moms first for dating.

I know I am not the only guy who has seen this on a dating site

I don't see any problem with single people on dating sites stating ("demanding"?) what they want. Of course if that's not what I want to offer then there are plenty of other profiles for me to look at. No big deal.

• Like 6
I don't want to sound like a douche...

you do sound like one & i bet my left kidney that you actually are one. no offense.

i'm curious - what makes you think that someone actually has to deserve you? why do you think so highly of yourself, because you got abs? i'm really confused.

:-/

• Like 2

i find this entire thread hilarious.

men being shocked & wondering about OTHER PEOPLE's wishes, criterias & standards will never NOT be funny to me.

makes me want to open a profile on OKcupid or somewhere just to troll folks like you.

• Like 2
you do sound like one & i bet my left kidney that you actually are one. no offense.

i'm curious - what makes you think that someone actually has to deserve you? why do you think so highly of yourself, because you got abs? i'm really confused.

:-/

I know :lmao:

This thread is hilarious. I'm an attractive woman and I purposely stay away from dudes who look like this.

Walk around like they eat, sleep, and breathe in a gym.

Ironic that they're doing it to attract attractive women, but a lot of attractive women run from them LOL.

Some athleticism is OK but when you hit this level of vanity and arrogance, it's a huge turn off.

• Like 7
loveweary11

I honestly don't respond to anyone who is demanding.

If they are all demanding and annoying in the first 30 seconds, imagine what it would be like to date these types of people.

Just block them if they keep at it.

Do they not understand that they are no longer at the top of the list for the best date option?

If I were a single mother I am not sure I would date you.

Singe moms have had it hard. Some douche promised them a rose garden and did not deliver. They went through hardships, heartbreaks and abandonment. They had to find in them strength they did not know they had to pick up their ***** and move on. Single moms never come first. The days where they could stay in bed, spend their money as they wished, do something impulsive, bring a guy home and party, all this is over. Their life now is about 'responsibility' for another human being. The selfish days are over for good.

I wonder why you would want to date someone like that right! Much better dating someone like you, who only had to worry about himself all of his life.

• Like 4

Single mom over 30 seeks anyone at all, anyone who will have her, as she is so unworthy of anyone's attention.

NO pic needed, you can all guess how bad and undesirable she looks...

:rolleyes:

• Like 1