What do I do?

PhoenixRising1066

Hello. I'm kind of new to all of this but I could really use some help. My boyfriend and I have be dating for nearly 4 years now (it will be 4 years in November) but I can't help feeling that somthing is wrong. We used to be so close. All the time we would be together, he would either be at mine or I would be at his, but recently there's this kind of distance between us. He says he's always busy and never has time to meet up and hang out, he takes forever to reply to my texts and will always make up some excuse to why he didn't reply, plus on his phone he has a picture of some woman (who is much prettier then me) and he nowa-days refuses to let me near his phone and refuses to have a picture of both of us or me as his screen (it always has to be this girl).

this has been going on for a while now and I just feel as if I'm waisting my time with his sometimes. In genral he's a really great guy, don't get me wrong, but I can't help but feel as if he's either; no longer happy in our relationship or there's somthing else going on.

Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you xx

Add up all these factors, and really?

What does your gut instinct tell you?

You need to be honest with yourself, because even asking the question is really seeking input to something you already know, deep down.

He's detached, unresponsive and withdrawn , refuses to let you near his 'phone and has the picture of another woman on there.

1 + 1 + 1 = 0.

There's nothing left for you here, really.

Is there?

• Like 1

I wish I could give you good news, but my feeling is that he has lost interest. If he's contacting you less, always busy, and seems distracted, then his attention is elsewhere. If he has another woman's picture on his phone, that is a bit of a giveaway. I know you've been dating him a long time, but it sounds like it's time to withdraw from him a bit and become harder to him to find. He'll either realise he could lose you and redouble his efforts or not notice, in which case you have your answer.

• Like 1
whichwayisup

End it with him. He is treating you poorly and his shady actions make me wonder if he is cheating on you or just lusting after others. Either way it's wrong and one would think after four years together he would have the respect to at least communicate with you if he was unhappy, or felt like it was time to end things, instead he's done the typical a-hole thing- treat the gf like crap and ignore her and hope she'll end it so he doesn't have to. What a pu.ssy!!

• Like 1

First off this woman looks different. She is not so much prettier or anything like that. Attraction is a really weird thing so get that out of your head as its going to make you insecure. Insecurity is unattractive.

Second I think that you should just stop texting/ calling etc and just go out and make a life for yourself.

1 of 2 things will happen.

1. He will realize that he is a dufus and come running back

or

2. He will carry on and you guys will break up.

Either way at least you have started building a life with out him which is no bad thing at all.

In case of 1 - it makes you more attractive as he has to "chase" you

In case of 2 - you already are starting to rebuild your life before the break up anyway and it will soften the blow.

Either way its win - win.